Info Scootering and RMV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not only does your RMV drop with DPVs, up your Nitrogen Uptake also drops which lends itself to its own host of benefits.
Are you assuming the low RMV equates to low N2 uptake?

Are you assuming the low RMV equates to low N2 uptake?
In a very liberal reference…lower RMVs mean less molecules of all gasses for a specified length of time, which depending on your blend would mean less molecules of N2.

I wrote the statement real quickly and my personal use of DPVs is primarily between 100 FSW/30m to 130 FSW/40m. At these depths the DPWs reduce my exercise efforts and lower my RMVs.

I don't see how often you exchange the N2 molecules in your lungs for new ones would materially impact partial pressure and therefore rate of absorption.

In a very liberal reference…lower RMVs mean less molecules of all gasses for a specified length of time, which depending on your blend would mean less molecules of N2.

I wrote the statement real quickly and my personal use of DPVs is primarily between 100 FSW/30m to 130 FSW/40m. At these depths the DPWs reduce my exercise efforts and lower my RMVs.
your still breathing- theres more than enough N2 to perfuse regardless and at depth theres a higher PP - and as an aside your computer doesnt know if your on a scooter or not -
the reverse argument implies a lower SAC rate means less N2 intake and less decompression

I think that if you reduce your workload and don't kick behind the scooter, then the reduced blood flow should slightly reduce your nitrogen uptake.

The Galileo Luna has a heart rate monitor. It uses heartrate to modify its deco calculations.

Back
Top Bottom