New Charter in Jax

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A new charter boat is starting in February out of Jacksonville.
Very interesting boat with a lift even.
The RV Explorer. The are offering 3 tanker trips to begin with.
Looking forward to it!

Nautical Divers
A great boat with a lot of history. I have been following the new build of the Explorer 2.0 with great interest.

A great boat with a lot of history. I have been following the new build of the Explorer 2.0 with great interest.
$200? Seems a bit much for just a lift and three tanks.......

$200? Seems a bit much for just a lift and three tanks.......
Olympus is $165 for a 2 tanker.

Where will you go a days drive from home for less?

Very interesting boat with a lift even.

I designed and helped build a lift for disabled divers several years ago. I have to say, they are REALLY nice, especially if you are packing more than a single.

Here are some renderings:

tmp2.jpg

tmp3.jpg

Interesting, may make the other guys step up.
Wondering if all that will be wasted if all they dive is the party grounds though. The best diving in Jax is at rec limits or past them.
Wonder the speed as well. It can be 75 miles each way to some of the cooler spots.
Edit, website lists the same tired old artificials within 30 miles.
One of the St Augustine charter guys just took delivery of a 70mph 40' cat.

As far as I can tell, they, Nautical Divers, are the only charter out the Jax area.
I have found a couple, one has a history lol, and the other is not running at all now.
If anyone knows of another, please let me know. I have been up in N FL a year now from Broward and would love to able to get ocean diving in within striking distance of me. Jax is just shy of 2 hrs for me. I know I can run to Tampa, but that's a little over 3 hours.
The price seems high at first, but 3 dives, about a 10 hr day, fuel ect. I would think they would offer a 2 dive trip, close in for less at some point.

What are dives sites like offshore of Jax? Nautical Divers' website says spearfishing is prohibited, so that leaves wrecks and fish. How does it compare with, say, Jupiter?

Although I have never dived recreationally off of Jacksonville, I have a lot of wreck numbers in 60-300 feet. Some are a long day away. If I were running there, I’d start early and steam a long way….

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom