In an O2 fill desert

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, that's a crummy experience you've got. Many shops in town here offer o2, fewer offer helium - although it's not terribly hard to come by. My favorite shop (sunshine scuba) fills my deco 40 with o2 for about 20 bucks or so (unless it's gone up since my last fill). You could even buy a used concentrator for fairly cheap and use that. They can do it while I wait, although I'm a bit skittish on o2 fills so usually I will drop my tank off.

Small rented condo (no garage) so no compressor, booster, or concentrator. Real estate and taxes are so expensive here, that if I bought, I’d have very little $$ for diving. My rent is cheap as I’ve been here for so long. $200-300 below market.

So many shops around me suck that I have a full setup in the garage. I’m a loser though cause I only have one booster. But it’s a masterline so it counts as 2
Two of mine are electric.
I love them.

So many shops around me suck that I have a full setup in the garage. I’m a loser though cause I only have one booster. But it’s a masterline so it counts as 2
only one of mine is a Masterline, but yes it counts as 2.

@Marie13 why couldn't you put a concentrator in? They're barely larger than a trash can

only one of mine is a Masterline, but yes it counts as 2.

@Marie13 why couldn't you put a concentrator in? They're barely larger than a trash can

I have no room. When I go CCR, I’ll be doing stuff like filling canisters with sorb on the kitchen floor.

I'd rent a 5x5 or 4x8 or similarly closet sized storage unit, preferably one of the indoor heated space ones. Put your dive junk in there on a modular 5 high shelf then include a folding table with a CCR sized booster.

I’ve seen your basement plenty of times. :D
Do you have to rubs the lotions on your skins?

I have a booster. It is worlds better than looking for nitrox or deco gas fills.

You don't want to be filling sorb in the kitchen. You really need to be doing it outside with a light breeze to blow away the dust. The dust you don't want on the kitchen floor.

I have a friend who got an old O2 concentrator, it fits behind a recliner. Surprising how small they are. But for a rebreather it isn't what you want. It is what you use when there is no other option. Too much Argon mixed with the O2. Not an issue with OC, but with CCR it just keeps getting added to the loop. You need to do loop flushes to get rid of the Argon.

Would the bathtub be slightly better? Easier to wash the dust away. And exhaust fan in bathroom. I know outside is preferable but if the weather is crappy, I may have no choice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom