Grand Cayman, Cayman Brac, or Little Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just searched on the web and there is a site listed as Little Cayman Divers. They advertise a Newton 42 Sea-esta which I have seen at the moorings and at the dock just west of Little Cayman Beach Resort. Did not know they were a stand alone.

What about the possibility of staying at Paradise Villas? Would that be the best option to try and cut overall costs?

What about Little Cayman Divers - aren't they a stand alone?

NO such animal. REEF DIVERS is the house dive operation for Little Cayman Beach Resort.

I just searched on the web and there is a site listed as Little Cayman Divers. They advertise a Newton 42 Sea-esta which I have seen at the moorings and at the dock just west of Little Cayman Beach Resort. Did not know they were a stand alone.
I always thought that Little Cayman Divers was the scuba op for Paradise Villas. They do take the divers from Paradise Villas but, are independent, and take other divers as well. The accommodations section on their website is interesting.

You learn something every day. Thanks @cleung

I always thought that Little Cayman Divers was the scuba op for Paradise Villas. They do take the divers from Paradise Villas but, are independent, and take other divers as well. The accommodations section their website is interesting.

You learn something every day. Thanks @cleung
Here's their website which is how I found them

Little Cayman Divers is the inhouse shop for Conch Club Condos and used to be called Conch Club Divers. Not sure if they still operate from the LCBR dock or not, but they are still using the Sea-Esta boat, which was the Conch Club Divers boat.

ETA: Well interesting. I could swear that I saw a webpage for them just yesterday that said they were the in-house op for Conch Club, but that website linked above says they are independent. I suppose their claim to be the #1 op on the island may be accurate at least for the moment, as LCBR is not open and operating until next year IIRC.

Found it. On the Conch Club Condos website, they refer to Little Cayman Divers as their in-house dive operation. Interesting that CC calls them an in-house op, while LCD calls themselves independent.

"Little Cayman Divers is the in-house dive operation of Conch Club Condominiums. We offer a fully equipped dive shop and custom-designed dive boat. We also offer a variety of instructional courses at our Dive Center."

Found it. On the Conch Club Condos website, they refer to Little Cayman Divers as their in-house dive operation. Interesting that CC calls them an in-house op, while LCD calls themselves independent.

"Little Cayman Divers is the in-house dive operation of Conch Club Condominiums. We offer a fully equipped dive shop and custom-designed dive boat. We also offer a variety of instructional courses at our Dive Center."
How far are Conch Club Condos from Paradise Villas? Is Little Cayman Divers physically close enough to be used if staying at Paradise Villas?

How far are Conch Club Condos from Paradise Villas? Is Little Cayman Divers physically close enough to be used if staying at Paradise Villas?
Assuming they are based at Conch Club Condos still, they are kind of at the opposite end of the lagoon, and I don't know that Paradise Villas has their own dock. I suspect they will come pick you up in a van if they can't pick you up at a dock. It is probably a 2 minute drive in a car, but would be a decent walk. When they were Conch Club Divers, they operated off of the dock at Little Cayman Beach Resort, which is a bit closer to Paradise Villas, but still wouldn't want to walk it carrying any photo gear or such. It looks on aerial photos like there is a decent sized dock at Conch Club now, so perhaps they operate off of that dock instead. They used to get their tanks filled at LCBR as well, since they didn't have their own compressor.

Assuming they are based at Conch Club Condos still, they are kind of at the opposite end of the lagoon, and I don't know that Paradise Villas has their own dock. I suspect they will come pick you up in a van if they can't pick you up at a dock. It is probably a 2 minute drive in a car, but would be a decent walk. When they were Conch Club Divers, they operated off of the dock at Little Cayman Beach Resort, which is a bit closer to Paradise Villas, but still wouldn't want to walk it carrying any photo gear or such. It looks on aerial photos like there is a decent sized dock at Conch Club now, so perhaps they operate off of that dock instead. They used to get their tanks filled at LCBR as well, since they didn't have their own compressor.
I think I saw on their website or on the Paradise Villas one that Little Cayman Divers will pick up at the Villas at 7:15 am and drop back around noon. Don't know how this works for any afternoon dives.

There's been a couple dive options over the years if staying at Paradise Villas, but no dock there. Might be kinda rough.

There used to be a Paradise Divers, and IIRC they even trailered a boat around early on. (To where I don't recall, possibly Southern Cross but I could be making that up.) It's mutated over the years and I think there was a period they weren't in operation, but was usually the op to use if you were not staying at one of the resorts. No idea if it's still the same people.

Back
Top Bottom