Free Iphone/Ipad Fish ID applications

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for bumping this up. Nice!

:cheers::cheers:

While the app may not be available for andriod phones, it can be downloaded to your computer; at least to my Dells with Windows 7 and 10. As one of the photo contributors, I have been using the computer download for a long time. Takes a little while to get used to but then I find the multiple pictures showing variations in color patterns, etc. really helpful. In addition, Dr. Robertson has been very quick to respond and very helpful when I had questions concerning species or animal behavior I have observed.

The Android app is being worked on (still) and soon there will be a API (artificial intelligence) fish ID module on the STRI site where you can upload your image and it’ll give you the top 10 possible matches.

The Android app is being worked on (still) and soon there will be a API (artificial intelligence) fish ID module on the STRI site where you can upload your image and it’ll give you the top 10 possible matches.
Oh that's cool!!!

there will be a API (artificial intelligence) fish ID module on the STRI site where you can upload your image and it’ll give you the top 10 possible matches.
Hope it does a better job than the "Computer Vision" on iNaturalist!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom