Pictures of how to mount a transmitter using a short hose ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah fitting those tiny -003 o-rings can be a tricky process and painful on the fingertips which is why some people use 70 Duro instead of the correct 90 Duro.
Then I discovered the trick of lubing a 90 Duro o-ring, laying it on top of a pencil eraser then pushing the spool down hard onto it... usually pops straight on!
We have this tool for this job Universal HP swivel O-ring installation assist tool - Premium O-rings Provider for Scuba Diving
You searched for 003 - Premium O-rings Provider for Scuba Diving

I keep 3 until I've used them then replace the orings

I do the same! Keep several in my save-a-dive-kit and then replace the o-rings at home. Manageable with a brass pick but a PITA on a dive boat!

Sorry for revisiting this. I have a Suunto transmitter which was part of a recall, and it came back with 2 air-flow restrictors. To be honest, I've never used this transmitter before, before or after the recall. Has the air-flow restrictor replaced the spool, or am I missing something? Thanks!

Regulator 1st Stage ==> Short HP Hose ==> Suunto Air-Flow Restrictor (the longer one) ==> Suunto Transmitter

Sorry for revisiting this. I have a Suunto transmitter which was part of a recall, and it came back with 2 air-flow restrictors. To be honest, I've never used this transmitter before, before or after the recall. Has the air-flow restrictor replaced the spool, or am I missing something? Thanks!

Regulator 1st Stage ==> Short HP Hose ==> Suunto Air-Flow Restrictor (the longer one) ==> Suunto Transmitter
Yes, see pages 3-4-5. https://www.sublub.nl/files/Suunto_Zender_Handleiding_Engels_18188761356317.pdf

I have a MK17 1ST stage and the ports are real close together. I was thinking about a 6" hose behind the right shoulder and tie it off the the necklace regulator hose. I plan on having my dive computer on my right wrist, leaving my left side to use only for the inflator or a wrist compass.

No real need to tether it to the short regulator hose. However, if you want to, 9" might lie a little better.

I have a MK17 1ST stage and the ports are real close together. I was thinking about a 6" hose behind the right shoulder and tie it off the the necklace regulator hose. I plan on having my dive computer on my right wrist, leaving my left side to use only for the inflator or a wrist compass.
No need to tie it off. I like the 180 degree tuck because once pressurized it stays tucked in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom