New Dreams resort on Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Carlos Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just got an email and saw that AMR is opening Dreams on Cozumel. It is opening on their Secrets/Sunscape property. From the pictures/renderings Ive been trying to figure out where exactly they are putting it. I have stayed with Secrets and Sunscape several times and know the layout pretty well, but Im trying to figure out if they just sliced and updated the back portion of Sunscape to make it a Dreams.

Anyone have any info who has been there recently or lives on the Island?

Thanks

The renderings online suggest it is the buildings on the north end. The layout and pool location are the same. Those were the old vacation club buildings. Those are all gutted now (open and roof off) and they are working there.

Thanks, thats what I was thinking as well. It just looked so different and so much larger that they must be doing some serious work to that area. Should be interesting once they are finished.

Yes. Looks like some serious capital in this project. I was there last May and none of this was even being discussed, let alone started. I look forward to seeing it completed.

they have removed the palapa roofs from the condo buildings surrounding the pool at the north end of the resort. Adding 1-3 floors depending on the building and even adding some vertically on the end of some buildings cutting down on grassy areas. All units being rehabbed. They will also be adding a pool deck swim up bar on the east end of the pool. No word yet on if elevators will be added to the buildings that will be 5 stories. Some of the buildings will have rooftop pools/tubs like the ones on top of secrets building.
These originally were timeshare club units adults only but have been family units since AM Resorts took over for the last 10 years and will continue as family units with the exception that minors not allowed in the secrets area. Adults booking at the new Dreams can use all the restaurants at Secrets Sunscape will now be all the smaller Hotel rooms sandwiched between Secrets and the New Dreams. The Sunscape rooms have been rehabbed/modernized over the last 2 years but still small at 350 sq. ft. While the new Dreams units start at 600 sq. ft.

Grand opening scheduled for March 1, 2022 $113 per person per day AI for 600 foot garden view room. . I will be there mid Feb and will report then. A friend at Sunscape this month and may post also.

Back
Top Bottom