Bcd leak at hose connection

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Snakekid97

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all,

I purchased a scubapro ladyhawk. Got it set up to realize it has a leak. The leak is coming from joint where the corrugated hose meets the bladder.

Is there supposed to be a gasket there? When I unscrew it I don't see one, but I can't find anything about a scubapro hose gasket online.

Photos attached.

Attachments

• 20211203_221731.jpg
    20211203_221731.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 146
  • 20211203_221748.jpg
    20211203_221748.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 107
Hi all,

I purchased a scubapro ladyhawk. Got it set up to realize it has a leak. The leak is coming from joint where the corrugated hose meets the bladder.

Is there supposed to be a gasket there? When I unscrew it I don't see one, but I can't find anything about a scubapro hose gasket online.

Photos attached.
20211203_221731.jpg
20211203_221748.jpg

I have a litehawk, I can check it tomorrow afternoon and see what’s in it.

Erik

Thanks! That helped a ton. Seems I was missing #16 o-ring. I found an o-ring on my desk I was able to stretch to fit. Fills with no leaks now. :)
You just happen to have spare O-rings hanging out at your desk? Very funny! I have spare O-rings on a shelf behind my desk at work...LOL

Unfortunatly that looks like a Scubapro specific connection that I don't know of. All my generic inflators (don't look like that) have a gasket. But no idea what the Scubapro design needs.

From what I remember, scubapro uses a thick o-ring on the inside of the inflator elbow, rather than a flat gasket.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom