DA Aquamaster Retaining Nut

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

At least for the time being, I am not making tools. I don't have anything remaining. To do the job correctly you really need 2 tools, one to hold the body and the other to turn the ring. If they are not too tight you can get away with the drift method but you have to be really careful. Not only can you damage the ring but worse you can damage the threads on the body. They are pretty fine threads and are not easily repaired; if you damage them taking the ring off you really have a mess on your hands.

And they were not pipe, they are DOM tubing. :)

Thanks guys, I have a machinist buddy that is making the tool for me. I would like to minimize the change of screwing up.

Can someone post a pic of what the body-holding tool that Herman referred to looks like:

Thanks guys, I have a machinist buddy that is making the tool for me. I would like to minimize the change of screwing up.

Can someone post a pic of what the body-holding tool that Herman referred to looks like:
If you follow the link provided to VDH in post #4 upthread, and click the image in the "store", it will take you to the catalog Herman had (option to view/download). There are pictures right there. In fact, the first three items are the ring tool, and two different body holders. That might give you a start..

If you follow the link provided to VDH in post #4 upthread, and click the image in the "store", it will take you to the catalog Herman had (option to view/download). There are pictures right there. In fact, the first three items are the ring tool, and two different body holders. That might give you a start..
Found it, Thanks!

Nice, I think this will be the ticket! Cheap and easy! Thanks

I really appreciate this community and all the support we all get from it.
Frankly, I try to contribute what I can just so I don't feel like a mooch for the endless help this place has been! lol

Back before @herman was making his tools, someone in the vintage community found an automotive tool that worked perfectly for the body ring. I don’t remember if it needing any modifications, but if it did it was very minor. I used to have the link of where to buy that tool, but I can’t find it anymore.

That was well over 10years ago so that link would probably not work anymore. I just wish I could remember what was that tool used for, to do a search.

I actually own an original US Divers tool and now one of Herman’s tools so I never bought the automotive tool.

I believe there is a section in the older U.S. Navy Diving Manual which shows the tools. But the Navy used to simply cut off the stem of that seat holder, and replace it with a new one.

SeaRat

PS, I tried uploading the U.S. Navy Dive Manual, but the file was too large. This Aqualung Repair Manual shows it on page 110.

Attachments

• Aqualung Repair Manual for Mistral.pdf
    3.2 MB · Views: 90

Back
Top Bottom