First Computer - Nitrox

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@johndiver999 :

Expanding on this, there are two different firmware updates to existing Deep6 computers, one I would refer to as "techreational", and to me, the solid base ability a PDC should operate at. Glad it is being done!

I am unsure, but thinking that this is going to be the "base" when you buy a Deep6 PDC. I believe I saw that the ones being sold at Deep6 currently will have the first level firmware on them. The update to existing computers is due soon.

The other has full out technical capability, and I believe will be released after the New Year.
That's how I took it, except the 2nd software will come with a $75.00 cost.

A few thoughts about Shearwater. Used ones don't show up that often. When they do, it is for near full price. My old Petrel 1 I have owned for 7(?) years and I could get almost what I paid for it.

I will still recommend a Shearwater. The user interface is well known for user friendly. If there is a question, good chance someone around has experience and can answer it.

I bought my Perdix used before the world imploded with inflation. It was ~ $300 less than retail. I see them on FB marketplace periodically for $7-750. That's why I said previously if I was looking @ a Peregrine new (@$569 on Amazon right now) I'd rather shell out another $150-$200 for a used Perdix.

They're out there. This is for the Non Ai version, still a great deal though.

Capture.JPG

Edit: there's another non Ai for $600 in the same area, and an Ai version (looks brand new) for $800.

That's how I took it, except the 2nd software will come with a $75.00 cost.
Not sure why you added what you did. The $75 is only if you want expanded capabilities...

New "base" firmware (free upgrade or now as sold new from Deep6):

Tech Lite Firmware:
- User Defined Gradient Factors
- 3 Nitrox Gas Mixes (to 99%)
- Quick Gas Change Menu Underwater
- 3rd Party Application Support (MacDive, DiveLog.de, etc)
- Available December 2021

Upper tier firmware (+$75)

Expedition Trimix Firmware:
- Tech Lite Firmware Features, plus:
- Full Trimix OC/CC
- 10 Gas Mixes
- Fixed Set Point Diving (Closed Circuit Rebreather mode)
- Available January 2022

Uhhh, let's wait until we actually see what the new software does before getting all puffy about it.
I'm hoping, for example, that the beyond NDL display will not be what it is now. But there is no reason to speculate, it will be what it is, soon enough.

Not sure why you added what you did. The $75 is only if you want expanded capabilities...

New "base" firmware (free upgrade or now as sold new from Deep6):

Tech Lite Firmware:
- User Defined Gradient Factors
- 3 Nitrox Gas Mixes (to 99%)
- Quick Gas Change Menu Underwater
- 3rd Party Application Support (MacDive, DiveLog.de, etc)
- Available December 2021

Upper tier firmware (+$75)

Expedition Trimix Firmware:
- Tech Lite Firmware Features, plus:
- Full Trimix OC/CC
- 10 Gas Mixes
- Fixed Set Point Diving (Closed Circuit Rebreather mode)
- Available January 2022
I just meant that's also how I read it, all good info, I just thought that I would mention that the later software had a price, that's all. Super excited about any of it really.

Uhhh, let's wait until we actually see what the new software does before getting all puffy about it.
I'm hoping, for example, that the beyond NDL display will not be what it is now. But there is no reason to speculate, it will be what it is, soon enough.
I believe this is the place to count all our chickens before they hatch! If there isn't GPS, Ai, and a color screen I'm making a formal complaint:)

I believe this is the place to count all our chickens before they hatch! If there isn't GPS, Ai, and a color screen I'm making a formal complaint:)
Not sure who you are going to complain to, but you may as well begin composing your manifesto now....

I'm just throwing it out there because the sale was supposed to cease today. The Excursion will remain on sale for $275 until 12/07;

I'm not at all affiliated with D6, I just like the computer and think it's a good deal.

Having used several Suuntos, I would never get anything that doesn’t have GF; if budget allows, second must have feature is LED display. You don’t realize what you are missing until you try them out. One of my old Suuntos is now being used just as a backup bottom timer that sits in a pocket and I never need to look at

Back
Top Bottom