Shearwater Petrel BO rebreather mode!! V84 Update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GF99/99

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi All,

Im sure some of you have seen that V84 for the Petrel now has a Bailout CCR PO2 monitoring mode but I am surprised I have not seen any discussions about this even though IMO this is one of the best updates Shearwater has ever made!!! https://www.shearwater.com/wp-conte...I-Perdix-Nerd-2-v84-Release-Notes-English.pdf

I am super excited about this and to me it is a major diving game changer in the rebreather world!!
I know there are several different trains of thought on how to maintain your BO rebreathers Po2 and loop mix so I'm not going to get into that or what way is wrong or right as that is a separate complex discussion that I think there are other threads about already. I mostly just wanted to opens a discussion about the pro and cons of the new update. Personally I love it!! for me previously be for this update it was always a balancing act to keep my BO rebreathers Po2 matched perfectly with my primary unit so the deco schedules on both Petrels and my stand alone would all match up. Now with the update you can set a fixed SP on the BO rebreather to what your primary is and if your BO rebreathers actually Po2 is a little low or high comparted to your primary it does not screw up the deco schedule on the BO unit. This is the greatest things since sliced bread especially for the ascent.

Is there anyone else that has tried the new feature out, if so what your your thoughts?

Capture5.JPG

I was also interested in this feature, but after checking with SW it seams this is only availible on Fischer-conn handsets. It's not availible on controllers or on my Meg15.

I was also interested in this feature, but after checking with SW it seams this is only availible on Fischer-conn handsets. It's not availible on controllers or on my Meg15.

Works on all 3 of my hardwired in Petrel's

I rechecked the answer from SW, it would appear this function is only availible on analog models. See answer below:
Thanks for getting in touch.
The BO CCR option is a hybrid of internal and external setpoint for analog external ppo2 (EXT) models only (Petrel 2 EXT & NERD 2 EXT). This feature is not available on rebreather controllers at this time.

I hope this helps,

Well the number of people diving BO CCRs is tiny. And almost nobody on SB. And its not available on the canbus version like on the liberty. Sooooo not really much of a gamechanger for more than a handful of divers on the planet.

Back
Top Bottom