AP Gas connector system: any good?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Teleopsis

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all

I'm looking for a way to plug my bailout stage into my BOV and I'm wondering about the AP GCS GCS101A - Complete Kit

I see it says it doesn't meet the EN250 standard below 40m: is this a serious concern if I'm doing dives to around 50-60m? It's half the price of a set of QC-6 connectors from narked which would be the other alternative.

Any advice very welcome

Used a lot in the UK, realistically not likely to have air as diluent at those depths, so performance will differ with helium.

Other option is Omniswivel which are not as popular but I have used them and they work fine, I have tested them at 60 plus and bailed out onto the BOV twice without issue and used it all the way to surface (both involved swims out).

They do need servicing but what doesn't in diving!

Used a lot in the UK, realistically not likely to have air as diluent at those depths, so performance will differ with helium.

Other option is Omniswivel which are not as popular but I have used them and they work fine, I have tested them at 60 plus and bailed out onto the BOV twice without issue and used it all the way to surface (both involved swims out).

They do need servicing but what doesn't in diving!
Thanks Jon. Might go for the omniswivel having had a look. Can you just confirm whether they're OK to unplug in the water? I guess so but would just like to check before I pull the trigger.

Edit: please ignore the question I've done what I should have done and asked the guys at narked.

Yeah I've got the locking big nut one, and yes fine to undo/couple underwater.

Mate uses them on his Triton too and neither of us have had an issue other than debris in the mechanism that can be easily self serviced.

You could easily get new QC6 with 1/4 NPT for about $20 each on ebay (plus $5 adapters from DGE) - no reason for any trade off, imho.
$20? where exactly on ebay? That is half the price of even wholesale.

Male QC6 for $20 or $30
Female QC6
I got mine in a bunch of 5 for $15 each - just had а desire))
Not in the US and not overly inclined to buy something that might save my life from shonky suppliers on eBay anyway.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom