Lombok and Bali Trip Oct - Nov 2021

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess Dave Smith needs to see it by himself, before writing this article,

“In the first four weeks of Phuket’s “sandbox” experiment to reboot tourism in July, 14,000 international tourists arrived on the Thai island, generating $25 million in receipts. Crucially, that included $6.5 million in salaries for locals working in restaurants and hotels.

But over a month since Bali reopened its international airport on October 14, and Indonesia authorized the arrival of fully vaccinated tourists from China and 18 other countries, not a single international tourist has flown directly to the island on a commercial flight. The number of advance hotel reservations from international visitors is also zero, whereas a month after reopening Phuket had 110,000 room nights booked in advance.

“Our hotels haven’t received any bookings from international tourists,” the head of Bali Tourism Board Ida Bagus Agung Partha Adnyana told the Bali Sun. “I think that so far we’ve been targeting the wrong markets for Bali’s tourism reopening.”…”

Your post sounds like Bali doesn’t need foreign tourism. The domestic tourism is good enough.

true, no single international tourist has flown to Bali. Few of them via Jakarta. I saw more than a dozen bule siting behind me in the airport when we wait the PCT test result. The talked about their flights to Bali after quarantine.

October, Bali airport has received almost 500,000 passengers. More on the first week of Nov.

Bali does need foreign tourist although the contribution of tourism in bali is less than 5%. Thousands people in tourism industry is suffering and or dying. But for most of Balinese in the back yard - which is not visible from the front line; the impact of tourism is relatively small.

For unknown reason (I can but i dont want to speculate) central gov does not seriously want foreign tourist to come for now. They also trying to make domestic travelling more difficult - and expensive. The list of 19 countries is a joke. They know that surely.
Seem Sandiaga - the minister of tourism very frustrate but can't do anything - so, instead he's trying to enjoy himself as tourist, visiting many places, talk BS but do nothing to bring the tourist.

true, no single international tourist has flown to Bali. Few of them via Jakarta. I saw more than a dozen bule siting behind me in the airport when we wait the PCT test result. The talked about their flights to Bali after quarantine.

October, Bali airport has received almost 500,000 passengers. More on the first week of Nov.

Bali does need foreign tourist although the contribution of tourism in bali is less than 5%. Thousands people in tourism industry is suffering and or dying. But for most of Balinese in the back yard - which is not visible from the front line; the impact of tourism is relatively small.

For unknown reason (I can but i dont want to speculate) central gov does not seriously want foreign tourist to come for now. They also trying to make domestic travelling more difficult - and expensive. The list of 19 countries is a joke. They know that surely.
Seem Sandiaga - the minister of tourism very frustrate but can't do anything - so, instead he's trying to enjoy himself as tourist, visiting many places, talk BS but do nothing to bring the tourist.
Do you really think that so many people are dying because of the economical damage by this pandemic? Where did you find this information? Further, I guess you mean that for the total of Indonesia the income from tourism is less than 5%? Bali was until 2020 highly depending on foreign tourism. Mostly from Australia and China. Many former workers in tourism already accepted that those days are over for a long time to come. Time for all to see reality and adjust the planning.

"In 2003, around 80% of Bali's economy is tourism related."
That was 18 yrs ago.

Forget about chinese market if the country is still zero tolerance to the virus.
Aussie has been allowed to travel since 01st Nov.

wow ! awesome pictures and bet you had a great adventure!... thanks for sharing

Maybe this shows why Indonesia has to be extremely careful: https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-59426277

Indonesia has increased the quarantine of vaccinated travelers from 3 days to 7 days (those holding the 211A visa)

That's going to wipe out most of the Liveaboards who were hoping and helping folks get on early 2022 trips :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom