WHO WANTS GAS 20% CHEAPER?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Never drive faster than 60 mph on the hiway. Stay in the right lane and save...
Even better, stay home and don't drive, work from home and save even more that 20% on gas :rofl3:

Not to mention that my time is worth something too, often more than a few ounces of gas.
There are a lot of people here who put no value on their time too.
Personally my time is often worth more than the minimal gas costs, so I set my cruise control for 80mph.
I suspect that most speeders waste time when the get to their sorry destination 3 minutes sooner, farting around, watching some plebian game, swilling beer.
Yeah, really, so they save three minutes on a 15 mile drive. Six minutes if they go 30 miles. Such a big deal.

I turned onto the service road in front of Walmart today getting my speed up to maybe 30 mph as I approached an exit I'd need to yield for and some fool came by me at 80 or so. He didn't come off the Interstate like that, which would be stupid if he had, but no - he was barreling down the access road inside town like that. After me, me swerved to the right lane to pass a more benign fool who shouldn't have been in the left lane, then swerved back in front of him at a high speed to turn left. I really, really hope some cop caught him, impounded his pickup, and jailed him. Damn!
Sometimes I'll click on my lights to scare them into thinking I hit the brakes.
So why don't you leave your light on Auto? This is off subject, but Daytime Running Lights do make traffic safer for all. Let me guess, you drive a gray car that blends in easily as well?

Yeah, really, so they save three minutes on a 15 mile drive. Six minutes if they go 30 miles. Such a big deal.

I rarely get on the interstate unless I am going 40+ miles.

I go up to cave country once a week, about 200 miles each way.

Damn my boat with a yamaha 250 gets lets than 3 miles a gallon lol

I rarely get on the interstate unless I am going 40+ miles.

I go up to cave country once a week, about 200 miles each way.

It’s quite common for me to do anywhere from 260 to 400 miles round trip in one day to go diving. You betcha I’m going 80!

I don't know how it works in US/Canada, but most states in Europe will let you go up to 10 km/h over speed limit (which I believe is stupid, percentage would be more appropriate). On my trips, that 10 km/h difference will yield me an hour. On the other hand I wish police is more interested in ticketing slow drivers. I would be more inclined to follow speed limits if I am not forced to lose time behind people doing less than speed limit (talking about dry, clear roads, not snowstorms).

I don't know how it works in US/Canada, but most states in Europe will let you go up to 10 km/h over speed limit (which I believe is stupid, percentage would be more appropriate). On my trips, that 10 km/h difference will yield me an hour. On the other hand I wish police is more interested in ticketing slow drivers. I would be more inclined to follow speed limits if I am not forced to lose time behind people doing less than speed limit (talking about dry, clear roads, not snowstorms).

My commute to work is along roads that are mostly one lane each way. The speed limit is 50 mph. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been stuck behind people going 25-30 mph. Going half the speed limit! Ties up traffic and can be dangerous for those coming up fast upon those behind slow pile.

Whatever you get, your get a lot more at 55-60.
I would probably get run off the road driving 15 to 25mph under the speed limit.
Most are willing to waste gas & money for speed, your call.
Time saved is accumulative and of course time is the one thing that none of us will ever get back. Considering I travel alot, I would have wasted far more of my life driving slow for a little bit of money and some gas. So I say step on it:wink:

I get 59mpg on my 250, almost twice as good
A 250, guess it's a bike. That wouldn't do well for me at all. I have been looking for a 250 that I could put a few bikes in though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom