Proof of vaccinations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wildbill9

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Is there any need to take our vaccine cards? If you have gone did you ever need it? Or is it just something you might lose? I have a pic on my phone. I am not worried about what ifs or maybe's am looking to see if there is an actual need. Thanks! Bill

Is there any need to take our vaccine cards? If you have gone did you ever need it? Or is it just something you might lose? I have a pic on my phone. I am not worried about what ifs or maybe's am looking to see if there is an actual need. Thanks! Bill
Best to email traveltobonaire@bonairegov.com and ask if a photo of your CDC card on your phone is acceptable for entry as a vaccinated person. You'll get a quick response, and it is official. Let us know.

You will have to show vaccination both going to Bonaire and for your return to the states. Bonaire can respond for arrival but not sure who to ask for the US. We took our cards with us. Since it is the airline that will do the actual validation you might even ask them what they accept as proof.

Copy and paste from a Forbes article…

“ Just as U.S. has lagged behind much of the world in lifting its travel ban, the country is taking a very different approach to how to screen incoming travelers’ Covid documentation. While most already-open countries have developed a national digital solution for travelers to provide their vaccine and testing information, the U.S. is instead putting the onus for Covid-credential vetting on the airlines.

“The airlines right now are the ones seen as as being the ultimate decision makers, in what approach they choose to take in order to meet the requirements,” says Stein. “Every airline is doing its own thing, they’re finding their own way.”

That means travelers coming to the U.S. will submit Covid-related documentation not to Customs and Border Protection (CBP) but to their airline. Delta Air Lines has its Delta FlyReady solution, United has incorporated requirements into the United app, while American Airlines is using VeriFLY. Some airlines are embracing wider digitization, so, for example, “if the traveler has a pass like an IATA Travel Pass or the Common Pass they can link that to the airline system,” says Stein.”

————————

We flew AA and I completed the Verifly prior to our return but they still examined our documents, twice.

Just as an FYI. I've used the FlyReady app several times with no issue, until today. I uploaded my ID NOW test for my outgoing leg to Bonaire and it was rejected. I am assuming because it does not have the word "PCR" in the text. I am assuming (guessing) that if the FlyReady app does not accept my ID NOW, the gate agent won't either, so I have an antigen test scheduled within the 24 hr window.

(not related to the FlyReady app, but I have an Antigen test scheduled for tomorrow (within the 24 hr window and have e-mailed traveltobonaire@bonairegov.com with my ID NOW test - which they confirmed is a valid test for entry. My concern is the Delta gate agent at my local airport not understanding the validity of my test(s).) We had issues with a Belize trip last year - which took a lot of complaining and showing her the official documentation of what is and is not acceptable to fly. I think we wore her down - her parting words where "they are just going to send you back from ATL...see you in a few".

Just as an FYI. I've used the FlyReady app several times with no issue, until today. I uploaded my ID NOW test for my outgoing leg to Bonaire and it was rejected. I am assuming because it does not have the word "PCR" in the text. I am assuming (guessing) that if the FlyReady app does not accept my ID NOW, the gate agent won't either, so I have an antigen test scheduled within the 24 hr window.

(not related to the FlyReady app, but I have an Antigen test scheduled for tomorrow (within the 24 hr window and have e-mailed traveltobonaire@bonairegov.com with my ID NOW test - which they confirmed is a valid test for entry. My concern is the Delta gate agent at my local airport not understanding the validity of my test(s).) We had issues with a Belize trip last year - which took a lot of complaining and showing her the official documentation of what is and is not acceptable to fly. I think we wore her down - her parting words where "they are just going to send you back from ATL...see you in a few".
I am going through the same situation. Delta Fly Ready is not accepting my ID Now NAAT test. I did go to the airport and the agents stated they would accept them. However I am also going to take an Antigen test later this morning and bring those results and a print out of the current Bonaire requirements so all bases are covered. Fly Ready is a joke, they do not even acknowedge that Bonaire has differnt requiremnts for the Vaccincated.

Have you tried checking in yet? I get a warning that I haven't submitted a valid test and when I click thru to "check in anyway" I get a message that it cannot proceed and to deal with it at the airport tomorrow (I am paraphrasing the messages).

Heading to get my antigen test this afternoon; I'm assuming FlyReady will not take it either.

I've flown to Costa Rica a couple of times and it accepted my test results from the hospital I used in CR with no problem either time (no test required to enter CR).

Have you tried checking in yet? I get a warning that I haven't submitted a valid test and when I click thru to "check in anyway" I get a message that it cannot proceed and to deal with it at the airport tomorrow (I am paraphrasing the messages).

Heading to get my antigen test this afternoon; I'm assuming FlyReady will not take it either.

I've flown to Costa Rica a couple of times and it accepted my test results from the hospital I used in CR with no problem either time (no test required to enter CR).
Yes I did try to check in and no they would not let me. I really would have been surprised if I could check in for an international flight online anyways given they need to look at the test results and passport. I will just arrive early enough and bring both test results. I did email my ID Now (NAAT) results to Bonaire Health asking for a letter of acknowledgment that they are acceptable. Hopefully I will here back today.

I e-mailed them yesterday with my results. They replied fairly quickly with:
Dear Mr. Cook,

Thank you for contacting Bonaire public health department.

The IDNOW rapid diagnostic test is acceptable for your entry into Bonaire.

Hope to have informed you accordingly.

Kind Regards.

Never had an issue checking in for International flights online before. I travel a good bit International for work and this is the 1st time I've had an issue.

I'm flying thru ATL as well, hopefully we'll see each other at the gate. I always wear a Mermet Springs T-Shirt on my outgoing flights. Mine is a lot older, but the back looks similar to this

1638280493052.png

Copy and paste from a Forbes article…

“ Just as U.S. has lagged behind much of the world in lifting its travel ban, the country is taking a very different approach to how to screen incoming travelers’ Covid documentation. While most already-open countries have developed a national digital solution for travelers to provide their vaccine and testing information, the U.S. is instead putting the onus for Covid-credential vetting on the airlines.

“The airlines right now are the ones seen as as being the ultimate decision makers, in what approach they choose to take in order to meet the requirements,” says Stein. “Every airline is doing its own thing, they’re finding their own way.”

That means travelers coming to the U.S. will submit Covid-related documentation not to Customs and Border Protection (CBP) but to their airline. Delta Air Lines has its Delta FlyReady solution, United has incorporated requirements into the United app, while American Airlines is using VeriFLY. Some airlines are embracing wider digitization, so, for example, “if the traveler has a pass like an IATA Travel Pass or the Common Pass they can link that to the airline system,” says Stein.”

————————

We flew AA and I completed the Verifly prior to our return but they still examined our documents, twice.

To add to this I find it kind of crazy that the US a first world nation that many others look up to as a leading nation does not have some kind record keeping system that is better then a paper card with your name hand written (and not even any kind of reference to and ID number) on it with a date and vaccine name, I would compare this to about as professional looking as a Blockbuster card.

For example I am currently in Indonesia a third world country that is limited on budget and struggling to get vaccines and vaccinate its country but yet they are able to organize a National government database for vaccinations. Each person is give a plastic official card and there ID is checked and matched with all information on it and a QR code that is linked to an official government website so it can not be faked. Also Indonesia has implemented a national phone application that link your vaccine information to you you and to enter places like the Airport you need to scan the app and show your proof of vaccination.

Pretty sad when the best the US can come up with is something that looks like a library card form the 90's that any tech savvy teen could fake in about 30 seconds. No wonder they are pushing the responsibility on the airlines. As CBP I would not want that responsibility or liability, seriously anyone could fake a US vaccination card with very little effort required. Not to mention there is not way to actually cross check them and verify there authenticity. I at least wrote my passport number on my little paper CDC "Blockbuster" card to kind of make it look a little more official. I travel internationally a lot and I have to say the thing is pretty embarrassing to show to foreign official because it just looks so unprofessional. I would actually not be surprised at all if other countries stopped accepting that silly CDC card as proof of vaccination soon because it can be faked so easily.

Here is an example what Indonesia is doing:
waspada-pelaku-pemalsuan-sertifikat-vaksin-sudah-ada-yang-dibekuk.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom