Recreational Pony Bottles, completely unnecessary? Why or why not?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From September 25th (when I started the thread) till now, November 29th—I have logged 46 dives without a pony bottle. Where are you guys/gals at?

I'm not exactly sure what the point is, but personally, 13 dives logged in that timeframe, 11 with a pony and 2 without.

In the recent DAN magazine there is an article by Jill Heinerth on the use of pony bottles. She is probably the most experienced and knowledgeable diver that I know.

"If a naysayer thinks your equipment choice is unnecessary, let them know that the difference between a fatal accident and an embarrassing incident could come down to a breath or two. Any redundancy is better than none." Jill Heinerth, Alert Diver, Third/Fourth Quarter 2021, page 97.

I'm not exactly sure what the point is, but personally, 13 dives logged in that timeframe, 11 with a pony and 2 without.
Folks on here typically post more than they dive, and I'm trying to get this thread to 100 pages for a book I'm writing.

Folks on here typically post more than they dive, and I'm trying to get this thread to 100 pages for a book I'm writing.
That says a lot about you.

Administrators I believe this thread has run its course and suggest that it be closed at this time.
Wait, tell me more about how my credentials don't align with someone else that fits your narrative. Come on, @grf88, I know you can't stand not having the last word.

[Sigh]
It is sad to see the tired, old, snarky attack on people who post more than they dive. I could sit at a computer and rattle off a dozen posts in an hour or so if I wanted. It would take a lot longer to do that many dives. The implication that people who write more posts than their number of dives must necessarily be poor and uninformed divers is sophomoric at best.

Back
Top Bottom