El Moro needs help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

El Moro fan here. Great food, bargain prices, family atmosphere. I think I had a long conversation with someone (Rey?) there about Morocco. Someone in the family was originally from Morocco and the camel is a memory of home.

I think Ray's grandfather came to Mexico from Lebanon around 1900ish, I think. Apparently there was a big influx of Lebanese to the Yucatan around that time. I think.... That's why you find guys riding around selling Kibbies. Just watch the guy at Caleta. His nickname is 'Cholera.'

I think Ray's grandfather came to Mexico from Lebanon around 1900ish, I think. Apparently there was a big influx of Lebanese to the Yucatan around that time. [/URL]
So we might guess that Ray's grandfather or someone else in the family was "The Moor."

Oops, wrong thread.

I would swear that Rey told my wife and I that he was of Mayan ancestry. I could be wrong.
Very few people have only a single line of ancestry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom