Question Scuba pro Jet fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ukmc

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
I have a sizing question.
I am looking into trying Jet Fins to see how it compares to my Novas and my Atomics (not going to say what type of fins…).
As I am looking at a sizing chart: 9-10 is L and 11-12 is XL. I wear 10.5 US shoe and most commonly dive size 10 5mm boot. Do Jet fins run small or big? Thank you

As I recall, they run small. If I wanted a negative fin, I'd consider something with a more comfortable foot pocket, such as the Hollis F1.

I’m an EU 42 (that’s a US 9? 8.5?) and use XL jet fins with a dry suit. They’re not too large. But of course there’s a lot of socks and boot and stuff between my foot and the fin so the sizing gets kind of arbitrary. If I were bare foot they’d be ridiculously large. And the jet fin foot pocket is more like a shoe box than a shoe. Nice fin otherwise.

Jets are different, tried and true design and still a favorite, if I wore your size I would look at the XL for a heavy duty boot, one with a thick sole which works best with the jet foot pocket. I put bungee on mine and ditch the springs (I have a bunch of springs if anyone wants them) it’s always best to try them on with the boots you’ll be using, for a shorter fin that’s also light the GoSport has a foot pocket more like the Nova.

Been using Jetfins now since 1966. One year after they were introduced to the diving community. With that said. Look carefully at where the jetfins were made. The USA fins have a larger foot pocket then the jetfins made in Taiwan. Also if you have never used jetfins they are like strapping a piece of plywood to your feet. They are stif and heavy and designed that way. You either love them or hate them.

I wear a 10.5 in Sperry, 10 in DocMartin and USA 11 in Nike and New Balance and with a Mares Classic 5mm boot I use Jet Fin size XL, OMS Slipstream size XL, Eddy size L, Go-Sport size L, Quattro size Regular. If that helps. I think you could go with the XL. You want the goofy Jet foot pocket to take your foot as deeply as possible to prevent cramping in your arches.

James

I wear a 10.5 in Sperry, 10 in DocMartin and USA 11 in Nike and New Balance and with a Mares Classic 5mm boot I use Jet Fin size XL, OMS Slipstream size XL, Eddy size L, Go-Sport size L, Quattro size Regular. If that helps. I think you could go with the XL. You want the goofy Jet foot pocket to take your foot as deeply as possible to prevent cramping in your arches.

James
Thank you. I think I have exactly the same size as you. Your reply helps a lot. Btw, I have L OMS slipstreams and the edge rubs the top of my foot (otherwise foot pocket feels good) . So I think I will try out XL for Jetfins.

Jet Fins have just weird a$$ sizes. I take a small in some fins with extra small wet suit booties. When I was in small/medium Deep6 Eddys with a previous drysuit boot, only large Jets fit. I have dinky size 7 feet.

Jets are different, tried and true design and still a favorite, if I wore your size I would look at the XL for a heavy duty boot, one with a thick sole which works best with the jet foot pocket. I put bungee on mine and ditch the springs (I have a bunch of springs if anyone wants them) it’s always best to try them on with the boots you’ll be using, for a shorter fin that’s also light the GoSport has a foot pocket more like the Nova.

Diff sizes or all the same size? The spring..

Diff sizes or all the same size? The spring..
Different sizes or various sizes, I’ll measure them later and see what there is.
F936320A-00A3-4DB3-85F7-F861451F31D2.jpeg

all for shipping cost

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom