American airline troubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's for sure.
I remember when United bought Continental, and before the two crews were completely integrated, you could tell in less than 5 minutes after boarding whether you had a Continental crew or a United crew.
I really miss Continental.

That's for sure.
I remember when United bought Continental, and before the two crews were completely integrated, you could tell in less than 5 minutes after boarding whether you had a Continental crew or a United crew.

I had a friend who was Global Services on Continental. After the merger when he called in to the VIP line he would ask the person who answered if they were from Continental or United. If they said United , he just hung up and called back because the United people were such a pain to deal with.

27NOV2021

AA today cancels ORD-CZM

Probably some unhappy folks?

Chicago, IL to Chicago, IL​

Saturday, November 27, 2021​

FlightDepartArriveAircraft
aa-logo-24x24.gif
1555American AirlinesHigh-speed Wi-Fi on-boardPower on-board
Canceled
Estimated
10:11 AM
ORD

Scheduled : 10:11 AM
Terminal : T3
Gate : H10
Estimated
2:55 PM
CZM

Scheduled : 2:55 PM
Terminal : --
Gate : --
Baggage : --
Boeing 737-800

Stop : Cozumel, Mexico (CZM)
aa-logo-24x24.gif
1555American Airlines
Canceled
Estimated
4:30 PM
CZM

Scheduled : 4:30 PM
Terminal : --
Gate : --
Estimated
7:30 PM
ORD

Scheduled : 7:30 PM
Terminal : T3
Gate : IAB
Baggage : --
Boeing 737-800

Reason? Oh, the tires still had summer air in them....:wink:

Flew out of Indpls. today with AA. Indy to Dallas, no problem. Dallas to Cozumel, no problem - tried to figure out who else was a SB member while waiting. Diving tomorrow, just a shore dive, hopefully no problem!! New BC not by choice, new computer by choice (both purchased in last 3 days), 1st dive since Nov. 2019. Can’t wait!

We were supposed to fly out of STL to MIA, then MIA to CZM today. Because of the storm on the East Coast (and maybe covid staffing shortages) we woke up to big changes at 4 am. We are now flying through DFW and getting in at 6 pm instead of 2:30. The whole process was easy peasy. I wish I had known when I went to bed last night so I could have slept in a couple more hours. But all in all, it's ok, so far ...

Kudos to American Airlines (so far). We completed the Verifly app process (confirms identity and negative COVID test), also completed the contact tracing form - and we sailed right to the ticket counter in Cozumel without having to fill out any additional paperwork. Nor does the airport make you complete a paper stating you are COVID free, symptom free and haven’t been around anyone with COVID. So far, so good.

I've been tempted to buy my August ticket to the island now while it's cheap, but I so distrust the airline. Who knows what they will do in the coming months. I guess I could buy a full changeable ticket and see. If they cancel flights I can demand a refund, I think.

From US Department of Transportation website:

Cancelled Flight
– A passenger is entitled to a refund if the airline cancelled a flight, regardless of the reason, and the passenger chooses not to travel.

This seems to be true for all classes of ticket. Most (some?) airlines are allowing passengers to cancel early with no penalty, but the safest bet is to wait until the airline announces the cancellation. I've been rolling my trip reservations forward for what seems like the last two years.

Most (some?) airlines are allowing passengers to cancel early with no penalty
I just looked. American is much cheaper than United, but their Basic Economy does not allow changes. Their upgraded Econom is $90 higher. I'll just wait. Airlines act that they can exist without customers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom