Moldable mouthpiece

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With the reg hanging loosely between the teeth of a relaxed mouth
there is barely a reason for moulding, and more chance of relaxing

Just a quick note to those that may think mouldable
before gaining experience and exploring all options

Some mouthpieces are just too soft and don't grab

I am impressed you recognised my homage to you
Looks just like me, how could I have missed it.

With the reg hanging loosely between the teeth of a relaxed mouth
there is barely a reason for moulding, and more chance of relaxing

Just a quick note to those that may think mouldable
before gaining experience and exploring all options

Some mouthpieces are just too soft and don't grab

I am impressed you recognised my homage to you

Have you tried a moldable yourself? I dove many 100s of dives before getting the moldable and regardless that my lips seal my reg and my jaw is relaxed and teeth not clenched on the moldable, I still prefer it.

The "modulable Mouth Piece" was serendipitously discovered by the great Ralph Shamlin founder of Farallon industries .

When DEMA very small and a small part of the National Sport Goods show, Ralph was strolling down the isles and stooped at a boxing display -- a modulable mouth piece for boxers ? why not a modulable mouth piece for divers ?

Thus was born a modulable mouth piece for divers

All because of a stroll down the National Sport Goods show and a very young innovator-- who thought Why Not ?

Now back to the program in progress

Any experience with the DGX moldable mouthpiece?

I have been reviewing thus thread and note there is not a tutorial as to how to correctly fit a modulable mouth piece ...

We tough Kalifornia's boil the mouth piece in water and clamp down while it is just luke warm

If you one of
Gods Frozen People who live way up north in Canada like @Alex Pearce you probably need to follow his advice... Stick your head in the bucket of boiling water then chomp down on the mouth piece.

Maybe then, and only then, will your mouth warm up enough to properly fit modulable mouth piece

Cheers from warm sunny Kalifornia -- where diving began

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom