DEMA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

apeks-acend-lifeline-smb-reel_dem2021.png

hell of a new reel design from Apeks, lol. Is this toxic masculinity?

apeks-acend-lifeline-smb-reel_dem2021.png

hell of a new reel design from Apeks, lol. Is this toxic masculinity?
“Toxic masculinity” seems hypersensitive…it’s a reel, not a set of vertical diesel pipes for a pick up bed. What’s wrong is the reel only holds 60m making it seem overbuilt (so much that it won’t fit in a pocket) for not a lot of line. That‘s only a 40m shot in current.

@Dan and I had a short email conversation regarding the Avelo system after he told me he saw it at DEMA

When the water is pumped in to adjust buoyancy, I assume the gas pressure increases, from 4350 psi? See, "How does the Hydrotank work?" on the web page in the @drrich2 post, above.
View attachment 692178 View attachment 692179
I wonder how you tell how much gas you have if the pressure changes with buoyancy adjustment. Doesn't seem like a traditional SPG or AI computer would necessarily work. Seems like nonlinear compression could also be quite significant at the high pressures.

Do operations in the US offer 300 Bar, 4350 psi fills?

I wonder where Avelo is located.

Whatever, if Avelo ends up having dealers in the US (seems like SE FL might be a good site), I would probably look into the cost of their Rec training program, a couple of hours online and 2 dives, just to give it a try.
I am curious if the cylinder is DOT/CTC etc.

“Toxic masculinity” seems hypersensitive…it’s a reel, not a set of vertical diesel pipes for a pick up bed. What’s wrong is the reel only holds 60m making it seem overbuilt (so much that it won’t fit in a pocket) for not a lot of line. That‘s only a 40m shot in current.
Deleted as I misread the post

I am curious if the cylinder is DOT/CTC etc.
And how the hydro test would go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom