Subsurface 5.0 has been released

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That does seem like a bug. Let me look at this and figure out what's going on.

Thank you. As long as it's a real bug, I can file an issue on Github or even investigate myself, I just wanted to make sure I'm not missing something obvious

why the calculated SAC rate increases over the course of a dive?
Seems reasonable to me since the gas consumption rate is the same, but the depth is decreasing as you ascend. Without measured pressures, only the final value in the profile will be correct.

Seems reasonable to me since the gas consumption rate is the same, but the depth is decreasing as you ascend. Without measured pressures, only the final value in the profile will be correct.
If the assumption were that the consumption in bar/min was constant, that would have made sense. It's easy to see from the graph that it isn't so though (and of course, it's good that it isn't).

Apart from that, the displayed SAC increases during the descent phase too. I know only the final value is correct, but since it's shown in the profile, I'd assume it should remain constant over the whole dive.

It's easy to see from the graph that it isn't [constant]
I now see it's taking depth into account which is the smarter thing to do. I should have guessed that was the case.

Subsurface 5.0.3 removed <divecomputerid/> elements upon save. Attribute "serial" is lost unless present in <extradata/>. Dive mapping to DC by attribute "deviceid" is gone.

Is it expected behavior?

Subsurface 5.0.3 removed <divecomputerid/> elements upon save. Attribute "serial" is lost unless present in <extradata/>. Dive mapping to DC by attribute "deviceid" is gone.

Is it expected behavior?
Yes. Very much.
The logic that we had for identifying dive computers was broken. Which lead to other bugs.

Did you lose functionality because of this change, or is this just an observation?

Thougt I'll start learning the planning side of Subsurface.
Can someone tell if this is a bug or is there something I don't understand.
1637654448042.png

1637654465237.png

Only change I do between these to cases is the last duration 10min -> 9min.
Then something happens as you can see from the diagram.

If I save the plan and open it, Subsurface has added additional 62min poin at the end.
1637654719617.png

If I remove the 62min point and again play with the last point, the same happens again.
I attached the subsurface file.
This computer have 5.0.4 but I got same result on 5.0.5.

The rec planner extends the time at the last point until NDL or gas runs out. It appears to me that you surface slowly enough in the 10 min ascent to still be in deco at your last defined point, so SubS gets you to the surface ASAP. In the 9 min ascent (less tissue loading) you barely cleared and are not in deco. Time is therefore extended.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom