El Moro needs help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My most recent fave at El Moro is their pulpo con ajo - grilled conch in garlic butter over rice with black beans on the side. I ask for mucho ajo; I moosh it all together and scarf it down, but I won't post a picture because it looks like a hot mess.

Top it off with a shot of Xtabentun and I am ready for bed. I can't wait to do it again.
Pulpo is octopus. Caracol is conch.

Enjoying the Coz food p*rn.

Pulpo is octopus. Caracol is conch.

Enjoying the Coz food p*rn.
Ah, yes. Typing before coffee will do that. :D

But speaking of pulpo, a dish that used to be available at several restaurants on Cozumel was pulpo in su tinta - octopus in its ink. I really liked it but no one offers it any more.

Ah, yes. Typing before coffee will do that. :D

But speaking of pulpo, a dish that used to be available at several restaurants on Cozumel was pulpo in su tinta - octopus in its ink. I really liked it but no one offers it any more.
I believe my nephew had that a Guidos last week.

Think this is it with pasta:

1637683804738.png

I believe my nephew had that a Guidos last week.
I don't see it on their menu. I see a "gulf octopus" but there's no mention of su tinta (its ink).

El Chino Marinero, at 20th & 1st around the corner from the mercado, has it (or did a few weeks ago). You can get as a taco or as a full plate. Believe they're only open for lunch.

Quidos offers it as a special occasionally

I personally have big problem eating pulpo (octopus). I've eaten it and let's just say it really isn't that good no matter how it is prepared (nor is conch). I am quite surprised that divers who have had the joy of seeing these creatures would be OK with eating them (or even conch for that matter). I mean, ramming long sticks loaded with treble hooks in and out of every crevice that seems to have a little pile of discarded shells in front of it trying to snag an octopus that is sleeping and rip it out of it's home just seems wrong to me but to each their own. I have no problem setting a hook in a fish's mouth and catching it and eating it or just for sport and releasing it but I'm not gonna be eating any pulpo... To me, they seem far smarter than your average fish. But feel free to keep eating... The more everyone eats the fewer you'll see diving (as is the case with about all sea life these days that isn't farm raised).

I personally have big problem eating pulpo (octopus). I've eaten it and let's just say it really isn't that good no matter how it is prepared (nor is conch). I am quite surprised that divers who have had the joy of seeing these creatures would be OK with eating them (or even conch for that matter). I mean, ramming long sticks loaded with treble hooks in and out of every crevice that seems to have a little pile of discarded shells in front of it trying to snag an octopus that is sleeping and rip it out of it's home just seems wrong to me but to each their own. I have no problem setting a hook in a fish's mouth and catching it and eating it or just for sport and releasing it but I'm not gonna be eating any pulpo... To me, they seem far smarter than your average fish. But feel free to keep eating... The more everyone eats the fewer you'll see diving (as is the case with about all sea life these days that isn't farm raised).
I don't eat them (or much of any seafood) but I'm trying to understand your rational on why hooking (and eating) an octopus is any different than a fish?

Back
Top Bottom