Tidenham quarry dive center fatality - United Kingdom

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As I understand it, being dehydrated is bad for decompression effectiveness. Am sure I’ve heard this for some very well respected sources.
Which may be out of date. Tourist destination doctors use it as an excuse when they don't know.

Good link.

As I understand it, being dehydrated is bad for decompression effectiveness. Am sure I’ve heard this for some very well respected sources.

Maybe they’re referring to being "over" hydrated as opposed to being "normally" hydrated?

My understanding this comes from triathletes, they do overhydrate for the race. But those are iron people, when they get IPE, they just don't finish first. It's not clear how any of their physiology translates to an average scuba diver.

Could someone help me with where I’m going wrong with my understanding? While certainly possible that IPE was the cause of death, isn’t it much more likely due to a pulmonary embolism caused by rapid decompression and failed emergency ascent?

Could someone help me with where I’m going wrong with my understanding? While certainly possible that IPE was the cause of death, isn’t it much more likely due to a pulmonary embolism caused by rapid decompression and failed emergency ascent?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom