AN/DP and Advanced Wreck Instructor Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

VikingDives

Mostly Harmless
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Musts:
Agency: irrelevant
Quality of instruction: very high
Good command of the English language.

Prefer:
Destinations that have warm water and air in Jan/Feb.
Destinations where Southwest flies.
Not having to change to a DIR configuration for training.

I think that's it...

Aqui waterspouts, Lauderdale by the Sea, FL, with either Landon or Ryan. Both are really talented instructors. As I've gotten to know them, I've been especially impressed with how much time they have invested in making diving smarter and more comfortable. More comfort = safer and more enjoyable diving. I consider myself to be a pretty squared away tech diver, but I still seem to learn something after every conversation with them.

Not having to change to a DIR configuration for training.
You mean, not doubles and BP/W or something more specific?

You mean, not doubles and BP/W or something more specific?
No, specifically hog harnesses. I dive doubles and a BP/W, but my shoulders don't agree with Hog harnesses.

No, specifically hog harnesses. I dive doubles and a BP/W, but my shoulders don't agree with Hog harnesses.
Is that a single-piece harness? If so, I agree, I don't go for them either.
The TDI standards for those three courses do NOT require a single-piece harness.

Is that a single-piece harness? If so, I agree, I don't go for them either.
The TDI standards for those three courses do NOT require a single-piece harness.
Yes, a single piece harness.

I imagine that I'll end up with a TDI instructor, but I don't really care. If I had to do a single piece harness, I could do it I think, but I'd prefer to train the way I am going to dive afterwards.

I'd love to find an instructor in Mexico that would work for me... I could deal with two weeks in Cancun or Playa.

Yes, a single piece harness.

I imagine that I'll end up with a TDI instructor, but I don't really care. If I had to do a single piece harness, I could do it I think, but I'd prefer to train the way I am going to dive afterwards.

I'd love to find an instructor in Mexico that would work for me... I could deal with two weeks in Cancun or Playa.
AN/DP is a TDI term...so I assumed....
I'd check with ProTec in Playa.

I trained with John, I had a blast. He's a great teacher but he also is a major part of dive history, and he has a lot of amazing stories. Looks like he will be teaching this year (in Florida):

Training | Shadow Diver | John Chatterton

I trained with John, I had a blast. He's a great teacher but he also is a major part of dive history, and he has a lot of amazing stories. Looks like he will be teaching this year (in Florida):

Training | Shadow Diver | John Chatterton

If you're not taking the opportunity to do this while you still can, and even some of us
from Aussieland are doing this next year, there's something missing from your process

And have a quick look at this Scubaboard gem-Sorting out the divers from the keyboarders

Before he gets banned by [Mod Edit] ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha all the other inconsequential villagers

Impartial liking hey doctormike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom