Trip Report Jungle Divers and Casa del Mar, November 8-15 2021

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the earlier reply. I forgot to ask one other thing. Regarding Verifly, I'd read that a problem with the app was adding the negative Covid test result from Mexico - not sure if the issue was being able to add it to the trip or there being enough time for it to be validated before one's return flight. Did you have any issues?

Was going to give it a try (also read that next year, Verifly may be required) but would also have all paper copies or pics on phone.
We didn't have any problems with uploading the pdf of the negative test, or with a quick turnaround on their examination and approval of it. I think mine took a couple of hours. You must have every step completed at least 4 hours prior to your flight departure. Maybe that's where someone ran into problems?

Here are some pics I was especially pleased with. The first I think are referred to jackknife drummies; next is a baby octopus that was about the size of a golf ball - Roger found him about a meter from the turtle grass in the open sand; peacock mantis shrimp; spear (?) shrimp; and finally a cowrie (such a pretty color). Before this trip I'd never seen a mantis shrimp. It was so nice to simply take our time to explore and wander, and investigate whatever our eyes snagged onto.
8BAD1EA1-430D-4684-80A9-F9FFBE343340.jpeg
B363440C-F3FB-4582-8A7F-A9C5E9BA63E4_1_201_a.jpeg
527A5B6F-3D17-420B-8D25-87A3AE624AE1.jpeg
907F7D5C-02C3-4917-8E66-3A29A5CC6778.jpeg
Some pics I
25B76F39-2288-4E44-8708-B8D030F8111E.jpeg

Just wanted to chime in and say, I tried a diving day with Jungle divers and I was very impressed with Steph as a dive guide. Lots of creatures found, good routes, good bottom times. Also just nice people and easy to communicate with.

Great report - thanks for posting. I'm so used going on fast 6 pack boats that it's nice to hear about a different way. I think of big boats as cattle boats. Having a leisurely day of boating, 2 dives, lunch (!) sounds inviting. Thanks for letting us know about Jungle Divers.

great report @Kimela , thank you for such a great detailed and experienced report

Thanks for the post. We are staying at CDM for the first time the 26th- January 3rd. It's nice to read a recent update before going.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom