El Moro needs help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've always thought of Mexico as a noisy country. Service trucks drive through streets blaring messages and riffs over loudspeakers. Bars ahd shops blare music through open doors that can be heard blocks away. Horns are honking, roosters are crowing, and dogs are barking. Nobody sends to get bothered by somebody else's noise. Of course, there is a time and place for everything, including quiet.

I think of most restaurants as a place for boisterous conversation. Someone mentioned a quiet zone sign so maybe El Moro is aiming for an upscale fine dining atmosphere where whispered voices join the tinker of silverware over soft piano music. Still, large groups tend to be loud groups so maybe restaurants that want quiet shouldn't seat tables of 12?
Actually I believe we were closer to 14 in a single strip of tables arraigned from front to mid restaurant. Most of us geezers were enjoying Rey's killer margaritas (except for @jbjclj who doesn't drink) and everyone made their scheduled dives the next morning. One of the reasons for the joviality of the dinner was that one of the folks finally made it down for our annual November gathering after 3 years absence while battling cancer.

One of the reasons for the joviality of the dinner was that one of the folks finally made it down for our annual November gathering after 3 years absence while battling cancer.

That's AWESOME! 3 years fighting cancer and a group of 14 is celebrating his return to diving at El Moro. Sorry if the joy everyone felt with his return to Coz and diving and the celebration that ensued at El Moro may have offended some self-centered closet case.

This thread has taken a strange bend…
So are we supporting El Moro or just criticizing a few of their patrons?

This thread has taken a strange bend…
So are we supporting El Moro or just criticizing a few of their patrons?
Times change, threads change. Apparently now geriatric drunks and shrieking harpies need not apply. Support from hermits is not necessary anymore either. It’s all good, the money is still green.

OTOH, if you want a quiet dinner free of obstreperous drunks, frequent another establishment. I will. Just struck El Moro off my list.

OTOH, if you want a quiet dinner free of obstreperous drunks, frequent another establishment. I will. Just struck El Moro off my list.
sacrilegious

That's a bit of an overreaction, IMO, but whatever floats yer boat. I have seen "big loud tables" in many restaurants; I don't think one is particularly more likely to encounter one at El Moro than at any other restaurant on Cozumel.

sacrilegious
I tried to warn you. The regulars on this forum are more predictable than taxes and death.

That's a bit of an overreaction, IMO, but whatever floats yer boat. I have seen "big loud tables" in many restaurants; I don't think one is particularly more likely to encounter one at El Moro than at any other restaurant on Cozumel.
You're absolutely correct. However, the intent of the thread was to help support El Moro. Instead it's become a sh1t flinging free for all about how El Moro is in fact a boisterous bar scene. I've never been there but wanted to go in January. I'm just not a fan of noisy bars. Why take a chance? Too many great restaurants in Coz to risk an evening that me and my group won't enjoy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom