ScubaPro Go-Travel vs Aqualung Storm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dumpsterpurrs

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi, I'm looking to buy new fins that would serve as the primary pair for my 12-year-old who's learning to dive and also as the secondary pair to compliment my Gull Supermew XX (long blade, open heel w/ booties, full rubber, neg, ~2kg), mostly for travel to warm water without currents and wreck diving, all on boats and not shore. Must be ultralight and compact (<1.4 kg per pair, ~50cm long), suitable for frog kicks, back kicks, and helicopter kicks. Preferably neutrally buoyant or slightly positive, can be used with only socks, and good for snorkeling and currents, but these are less essential.

Both the ScubaPro Go-Travel and the Aqualung Storm seem to fit the bill. I have the impression that the Scubapro Go-Travel might be able to handle heavy currents, not sure about the Aqualung Storm. While the Scubapro Go-Travel is a firm favorite here on SB, I can't find too many detailed reviews of the Aqualung Storm, especially no head-to-head comparison between the two, which is very strange considering they are probably the only two open-heel barefoot travel fins on the market.

What do y'all think?

I have the Aqualung Storm, great warm water travel fin, tried both, the Storm was stiffer so I chose them.
The build quality is IMO, is better.
I use them with 3mm socks.
aqua_lung_storm_fins-1.jpeg

I have the Aqualung Storm, great warm water travel fin, tried both, the Storm was stiffer so I chose them.
The build quality is IMO, is better.
I use them with 3mm socks.
Thank you! I too prefer stiff. It's available locally at a very fair price too. Surprisingly, Aqualung has a local distributor in my city in Southeast Asia.

Not to be repetitive but the Go-Sport is a stiffer and more powerful fin than the Go-Travel version. But you need boots for the Go-Sport. But, for an example, shore diving such as Bonaire, boots are a good thing.

James

Not to be repetitive but the Go-Sport is a stiffer and more powerful fin than the Go-Travel version. But you need boots for the Go-Sport. But, for an example, shore diving such as Bonaire, boots are a good thing.

Are you talking about the Scubapro "Go Travel" fins or the "Go Sport" version? They are different fins for different purposes. The "Go Sport" version is plenty stiff for me and I a do mainly diving from shore and I have to swim through waves and some current.
Go Travel. I already have another set up to use with boots (though admittedly super **** for surface swims - the SuperMew XXs are just so damn neg and have large surfaces). Based in Southeast Asia, mostly boat diving here anyway.
Thanks, I'll edit my OP to clarify. I thought ScubaPro named it "Go" and called it a "Travel fins" instead of "Go-Travel" named fins lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom