Fusion socks leaking - multiple reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good to hear you got your suit back Zef. Please let us know how it dives. Is the bootie material different? I ordered a fusion tech in L/XL and a sport skin to use on the few occasions when I travel. Evo 4 boots. LDS says it will be 4 weeks but not holding my breath for it.

When I ordered my suit new in 2018, it took a month to get it. So a month doesn’t seem bad to me.

Got my replacement AirCore back in December, but did not have the opportunity to start testing it out until yesterday.

Bouncing around in my cousin's pool (no dive just at the surface), I found a little leaking at the inflator valve which was cured by cranking it down a little tighter. After I was done, there was a little dampness at the exhaust valve area so I'll give that another crank, but it may just be the valve itself. Otherwise, it was amazing to be dry!

So, looks like the first test is a pass and I can try actually diving it when the quarry re-opens.

While I had the whole thing apart, I had an idea to deal with the pockets on my Tech version: -Experimental- Pocket supports for Aqua Lung Fusion TECH AirCore version

My LDS sent my KVR1 suit back in January. I just got a call Friday saying the new core has been received and installed in my KVR1 skin. Picking it up today for a pool session this Saturday. I can't wait to dive dry. the suit has had me damp since day one. Its a great suit and will be even better when it actually has me dry.

My LDS sent my KVR1 suit back in January. I just got a call Friday saying the new core has been received and installed in my KVR1 skin. Picking it up today for a pool session this Saturday. I can't wait to dive dry. the suit has had me damp since day one. Its a great suit and will be even better when it actually has me dry.

Let us know how it goes.

Let us know how it goes.
I know I'm a little late to the party but I found this thread because my Fusion Bullet 2XL/3XL just started leaking in the top seams of the booties. Not a huge leak but in the 4 years I've had the suit, they have always been dry. Bought in Nov 2017 through our dive shop in Toronto and the label says Made in Canada. AL gave the Instructors and DM's a great deal and so a ton of us bought them. I am a DM. I am 6'2'' and 175 lbs so a tall thin guy. The L/XL was not tall enough for me (couldn't really bend over at all) and the 2XL/3XL is certainly more room than my thin frame requires but it works just fine. I dive the suit with minimal air and it's great. I have had leaks at the cuff ring of my Waterproof Dry Gloves but that's not AL's fault (At least, I don't think so). I also had a situation once when the dump valve WOULD NOT release any air either by manual activation or opening it right up. Had the valve replaced and no issues since. (Personally would prefer SI valves). I also report that I hate the neck ring. It digs into my collar bone unless I wear my thermals. I use Waterproof 3D Mesh undergarments most of the time and it's barely enough padding to prevent the pain. Anyway, I am working with the shop to see what AL say about my suddenly leaking booties. Incidentally, I wear thick socks and then wear a wetsuit boot over my booties. It works perfectly and allows me to still use my large fins and not have to get a whole new set of fins just for my drysuit.

Check that the suit's core (the waterproof layer of the suit) and confirm whether or not that is labled made in canada or made in mexico.

When I originally checked my suit I had looked at the tag on the neoprene layer and saw that it stated made in canada and thought I had escaped the bad seam issue. When the heels of my suit started leaking I re-checked the tags in the core of the suit and found it was made in mexico.

Aqualung was good about replacing the core layer of the aircore suits made in mexico.

If the core of your suit is truly made in Canada, I would reach out to AL directly or through your dealer and see how much it would cost to have them replace socks. Given the cost of a drysuit in North America it would probably more cost effective to have it repaired than to replace.

-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom