Ultima Dry Glove System question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just for reference, I believe you are refering to the model 720 gloves as model 722...when I look that glove up (722) on Showa's website, nothing shows up under that model number.

-Z
Yeah 720 is correct.

I really like my Ultimas, but why not go with with less expensive, just as good if not easier Rolock 90's?

If I didn't already have the Ultimas I would have gave them a shot.

Local dealer had Ultimas on their selection so I'll go with those.
Had to start with some system, maybe I'll try Rolock at some point, seems to be quite handy system.
The price for Ultima was ~150$, I don't think I could get Rolock much cheaper.

I really like my Ultimas, but why not go with with less expensive, just as good if not easier Rolock 90's?

If I didn't already have the Ultimas I would have gave them a shot.

OP is from/in Finland. Waterproof is in Sweden. Lots of dive stuff is less expensive in Europe compared to the US.

-Z

After 12 dives with Ultima I can say that I really like it. I have seen so much struggle with all other systems that I'm really glad that I chose this one.

Has anyone tried any three finger gloves or mitten style gloves with Ultima?
Winter is coming in few months it's ice diving time.

Went diving this weekend, damn zebra mussel nicked my glove, thankfully right at the end of the dive. I finally took the plunge to change the glove and use @Zef recommended o rings. Holy crap they worked amazing. It was so easy that I decided to swap out the other glove, amazing what ~ 18 months of wear and tear can do to a set of Showa 720's. I didn't realize how much of the outer coating I had worn off.

I feel like they're the o rings that should have been included with the Ultimas. Took them on a dive for 70+ min after with no problems. Literally took me less than 5 min and that was with me having to figure out how to load them (it's been a while). Absolutely no tools needed. No cursing. No ragrets:).

Big thanks @Zef, my fingers, knuckles, hands thank you Sir.

Winter is coming.
Setup for tomorrow:
1636808016844.png

Well... Kudos for creativity. 😁

The SHOWA 3416s are made of the same material but still leave enough room for undergloves... While still allowing use of your individual fingers.

I haven't dived a warmer glove setup... Not even mittens. 😁

58 minutes in 5C (41F) water with Sitech three finger gloves and these liners Enluva innerglove | Liner Gloves | Varuste.net English
Fingers felt just a bit cold but could've gone for another dive, so not bad.
Ultima seems to work nicely with these gloves. You can fold the glove both ways.

Also ordered 3416s for test.
Can't walk on my hands yet.

Back
Top Bottom