Lake Quachita after a long break from diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JButler1569

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I got to dive Lake Quachita this past weekend after a long break from diving. Not that I have been a lot. It felt really good to get in the water and discover Lake Quachita. As far as lake dives, I have only dove Table Rock a couple times (It was where I got certified) and Captain John's quarry at Oronogo, Mo. before it was closed. Lake Quachita was beautiful, the weather was great, and the water was clearer than any of the lake dives I have done.

The best part was diving with my son who got certified with the Boy Scouts a couple years ago.

I just wanted to share and say that it was really great getting back into the water to dive. Looking forward to diving Lake Quachita again soon and then branching out to Lake Tenkiller and Beaver Lake.

Lots of fish, a couple sunken boats and Quartz. There is a lot of Quartz. It was very cool how it just seemed to pour out at some places and then there is none.

Just Northwest of Fayetteville is Beaver Lake. If you haven't been there, you should check it out, too, now that you're back into diving. I did my Instructor Evaluation dives there in July because the visibility in Table Rock was poor that week and it is one of the best inland lakes I've had the pleasure of diving in.

Just Northwest of Fayetteville is Beaver Lake. If you haven't been there, you should check it out, too, now that you're back into diving. I did my Instructor Evaluation dives there in July because the visibility in Table Rock was poor that week and it is one of the best inland lakes I've had the pleasure of diving in.
Beaver Lake is on my list. My daughters did their cert dives at Beaver Lake. I am looking forward to it!

I got to dive Lake Quachita this past weekend after a long break from diving. Not that I have been a lot. It felt really good to get in the water and discover Lake Quachita. As far as lake dives, I have only dove Table Rock a couple times (It was where I got certified) and Captain John's quarry at Oronogo, Mo. before it was closed. Lake Quachita was beautiful, the weather was great, and the water was clearer than any of the lake dives I have done.

The best part was diving with my son who got certified with the Boy Scouts a couple years ago.

I just wanted to share and say that it was really great getting back into the water to dive. Looking forward to diving Lake Quachita again soon and then branching out to Lake Tenkiller and Beaver Lake.
Glad you were able to get in the water! I miss Oronogo, had a lot of great times there.

DW

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom