Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Friend just told us that a "big announcement" will be made regarding visitors and quartine tomorrow. I assume they will open up to more countries for Visa On Arrrival OR further shave down the quarantine time for those with visas / potentially quarantine outside of Jakarta"

They better fix their unreasonable COVID-19 protocols for foreign tourists. I’ll be going to Palau, instead of Indonesia in December because of it. No way I’ll be spending $300+ on a visa + 3 day quarantine in a hotel.

No way I’ll be spending $300+ on a visa + 3 day quarantine in a hotel.

One could argue that the Indonesian route (3 day quarantine plus testing) would increase confidence in a potential stay on a LB for some folks (me, ha!)

Marine Parks fees are routinely hundreds of dollars. I chose to look at the visa as an opportunity cost to dive during quiet low key times. Ie. We were the only divers / guests for an entire week Lembeh Strait. That will likely never happen again for anyone?

I for sure get it. Free entry is of course better! But with that free comes a rush of high demand, expensive costs (as resorts and boats have been offering us 10-30% off rates with no deposit necessary for early 2022 bookings!)

Cheers to Palau, I imagine it will be quiet there too and you won't have to deal with the above !!!

One could argue that the Indonesian route (3 day quarantine plus testing) would increase confidence in a potential stay on a LB for some folks (me, ha!)

Marine Parks fees are routinely hundreds of dollars. I chose to look at the visa as an opportunity cost to dive during quiet low key times. Ie. We were the only divers / guests for an entire week Lembeh Strait. That will likely never happen again for anyone?

I for sure get it. Free entry is of course better! But with that free comes a rush of high demand, expensive costs (as resorts and boats have been offering us 10-30% off rates with no deposit necessary for early 2022 bookings!)

Cheers to Palau, I imagine it will be quiet there too and you won't have to deal with the above !!!
I got $1000 off on Palau Aggressor II so I’ll go for 2 back-to-back trip and use the $2000 off to pay for the half around the world trip (Houston to Koror).

Apparently I am confused as to what a 211A is intended for.

Did you have an invite letter?

“4. Visitor visas, including but not limited to:
a. 211 A Visa;
This visa includes tourist, emergency, business, film, medical visit, official visit, yachters and G20 or the 144th International Parliamentary Union (IPU) meetings.”

So, basically Indonesia is open for tourists, by applying for 211 A visa. The visa on arrival is not yet available.

“4. Visitor visas, including but not limited to:
a. 211 A Visa;
This visa includes tourist, emergency, business, film, medical visit, official visit, yachters and G20 or the 144th International Parliamentary Union (IPU) meetings.”

So, basically Indonesia is open for tourists, by applying for 211 A visa. The visa on arrival is not yet available.

I have been saying this since almost a year now but. Last year I posted something in an old Indonesian posting and commented about how you can enter Indonesia with a 211A visa but it seem to have stirred up some heat so I discontinued to comment.

But I can say yes for over a year now you have been able to enter Indonesia on a 211a visa. I am a US passport holder and have entered and left Indonesia a couple times now since the beginning of 2020 with a 211a visa.

It is very very simple to obtain. You contact one of the many Indonesian visa agencies and apply for the visa through them, or you can do it yourself online but save yourself the hassle a let an agency do it for you. Everything is digital now. Last time it took about 10 days for me to get my E-visa and it will be emailed to you. You then have 90 days to enter Indonesia so this gives you plenty of time to organize hotel, flights, etc.

Once you are in Indonesia you can renew the visa every 30 days for up to 6 months. Renewal is supper easy you can do it your self for 500,000 IDR (this is what actually fee) or you can have an agency do it for about 800,000 IDR (agency makes money off you). Just spend the extra $20 and have an agency do it, this will save you lots of headaches in the long run. Also the agencies can renew you visa several months ahead if you want. This is what I do, for example this time I arrived in Indonesia in July 2021 and had them extend my visa till January 2022 since this is when I plan to leave, then I know I'm good for the duration of my stay. Also if you plan to stay longer then once 6 months you can reapply in country for a new visa either 211a or 211 and then your good for another 6 months.

I have been saying this since almost a year now but. Last year I posted something in an old Indonesian posting and commented about how you can enter Indonesia with a 211A visa but it seem to have stirred up some heat so I discontinued to comment.

But I can say yes for over a year now you have been able to enter Indonesia on a 211a visa. I am a US passport holder and have entered and left Indonesia a couple times now since the beginning of 2020 with a 211a visa.

It is very very simple to obtain. You contact one of the many Indonesian visa agencies and apply for the visa through them, or you can do it yourself online but save yourself the hassle a let an agency do it for you. Everything is digital now. Last time it took about 10 days for me to get my E-visa and it will be emailed to you. You then have 90 days to enter Indonesia so this gives you plenty of time to organize hotel, flights, etc.

Once you are in Indonesia you can renew the visa every 30 days for up to 6 months. Renewal is supper easy you can do it your self for 500,000 IDR (this is what actually fee) or you can have an agency do it for about 800,000 IDR (agency makes money off you). Just spend the extra $20 and have an agency do it, this will save you lots of headaches in the long run. Also the agencies can renew you visa several months ahead if you want. This is what I do, for example this time I arrived in Indonesia in July 2021 and had them extend my visa till January 2022 since this is when I plan to leave, then I know I'm good for the duration of my stay. Also if you plan to stay longer then once 6 months you can reapply in country for a new visa either 211a or 211 and then your good for another 6 months.
Rp.500.000,- is about $35. How much do you pay the agent, when you are applying the 211A visa from USA?

Rp.500.000,- is about $35. How much do you pay the agent, when you are applying the 211A visa from USA?
Yes 500k is the actual fee set by Immigration for a 211a visa extension

If I remember correctly last one I did cost about 3.5 mil, approximately USD $250. That was total cost visa in hand and no other cost and all I had to do what send in a copy of my passport to the agency.

Reactions: Dan
Yes 500k is the actual fee set by Immigration for a 211a visa extension

If I remember correctly last one I did cost about 3.5 mil, approximately USD $250. That was total cost visa in hand and no other cost and all I had to do what send in a copy of my passport to the agency.
In other words, $215 fee for letting the agent doing the legwork for you. :wink:

In other words, $215 fee for letting the agent doing the legwork for you. :wink:

Yeah kind of but not really. Sorry I was a little unclear. The first time you apply to get the visa its around 3.5 mil depending on what agency you use or you can do it yourself and the cost is USD $50 and IDR 200,000 for the telex. Once you have the visa and enter Indonesia it is good for 60 days then after 60 days stay in country you need to renew it every 30 days. The renewal fee is 500k each time if you do it yourself.

more info can be found on the Indonesia Immigration official website. Permohonan Visa Republik Indonesia - Bisnis - B211A - Direktorat

Reactions: Dan
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom