Shearwater Peregrine Battery Life in Standby?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
FrogmanFred

FrogmanFred

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi,
I bought a Shearwater Peregrine in April this year. After a short while I realised the battery didn't last more than a few days in standby (i.e. not being switched on at all). I returned it to NarkedAt90 who are the Shearwater agents here in the UK and they quickly replaced the battery and returned the unit.

However, I seem to be having the same issue yet again with the new battery not holding a charge. I turned it on a few weeks after receiving it back and it was completely flat and everything had to be reset.
The battery only lasts 8 days (max!) from full charge when not in use. The Peregrine manual says to "top up" the battery every 3 months but my battery is at almost half power after 3 days. I have emailed NarkedAt90 but they have not responded :mad:
You'll see from the photo attached that after 4 days batter is at half charge.

Has anyone else had this issue with their Peregrine battery? I love this dive computer but am starting to have regrets.

Cheers!
FF

Attachments

• tempImageExNUp0.png
    tempImageExNUp0.png
    708.3 KB · Views: 143
Contact Shearwater directly.

Yes, as @Capt Jim Wyatt said, contact Shearwater support directly. I have a Peregrine and have had no battery life issues. Mine doesn't sit more than 3-4 weeks tops between dives but I've had no issue with battery drain. I only have to charge mine every 2-3 months roughly and that is due to battery drain from use.

If that helps you to decide, there was an issue with some Terics and battery drain.

Looks like Shearwater fixed it for anybody who had the issue in this thread:

Yes, as @Capt Jim Wyatt said, contact Shearwater support directly. I have a Peregrine and have had no battery life issues. Mine doesn't sit more than 3-4 weeks tops between dives but I've had no issue with battery drain. I only have to charge mine every 2-3 months roughly and that is due to battery drain from use.
Thanks for the info. It gives me a great benchmark and strengthens my argument (hopefully won't come to that). My Peregrine wouldn't switch on yesterday which means it lasts a total of 7 days when off.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom