Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Indonesia is Open...sort of

Thought I'd post a bit of positive news regarding Indonesia.
I received this in a newsletter from Lembeh Resort and their sister resort Murex Bangka.

If you are interested in making a reservation for 2022 at Lembeh Resort, consider this and shoot is a note:

CAPTURING CRITTERS 2022

Our tenth annual underwater photography workshop takes place in January 2022 and for the first time we have two back-to-back workshops scheduled! To mark the 10th anniversary we will, of course, be hosting three more world-class Photo Pros who will be with us for both workshops: Erin Quigly, Joel Penner, and Jennifer Penner. The week-long workshops will be packed with incredible diving, presentations from the Pro’s and one on one instruction and feedback.

0fa04c82-324d-0693-4d26-921f88a5c460.jpeg

The BIG Question is "what is a Social Visa"?

Here's what I have found:
The purpose of a social-cultural visa is to visit friends or relatives or to participate in a social, cultural or educational exchange. Its holders are not allowed to conduct any business activities in Indonesia.

The requirements for an Indonesia social visa are simple and easy to meet. All you need to do is prepare the following required documents:

• A valid passport with a minimum validity of 12 months from the date of entry into Indonesia
  • A completed visa application form
  • A bank statement or other evidence showing enough fund to cover travel expenses in Indonesia
  • A coloured photograph (passport size)
  • Travel itinerary
  • Evidence of obligation in the applicant’s country of permanent residence (can be written by an employer, a school, etc.)
The above info was taken directly from Cekindo website: Social Visa Indonesia: How to get a Sponsor? - Cekindo

The Newsletter starts here:
We've been as busy as ever during the pandemic period! We started by carrying out renovations which we had planned including replacing the roof and flooring in the restaurant. We then began rolling out extensive staff training in new covid19 procedures and gaining our CHSE certification from the Indonesian Government. CHSE is the new covid19 certification for Cleanliness, Hygiene, Safety, and Environmental Sustainability - which we passed with flying colors! We've also been ensuring the resort remains pristine and carrying out a lot of maintenance projects - covering everything from boats to air conditioners! Rather than closing our doors, we opted to stay open and keep as many of our staff employed as possible. We've been servicing the domestic market and welcoming guests from North Sulawesi, Jakarta, Bali, and other parts of Indonesia!
The last month has seen some BIG changes regarding travel to Indonesia! The successful rollout of COVID vaccinations across the archipelago has put Indonesia in the top 10 countries with the highest number of vaccinations administered in the world. As a result, travel restrictions are starting to ease. Here are the recent changes:
  • Social & Business Visas are now available: Visas need to be applied for at the Indonesian embassy in your home country, you need to be vaccinated against COVID19, and a negative PCR test is needed prior to travel.
  • Quarantine at Murex Bangka & coming soon at Lembeh Resort! Lembeh Resort has been inspected and passed the requirements for international travelers to spend the currently required 8 days quarantine with us. We are now just awaiting final confirmation - watch this space! Our partner, Murex Bangka has already received final confirmation and, for divers wishing to travel immediately, we are able to offer packages including quarantine at Bangka prior to your stay at Lembeh Resort. Why spend 8 days quarantining in a hotel in Jakarta or Manado when you can quarantine on a tropical island? Contact us for more information about packages.
  • Direct flights from Singapore: Singapore Airline's subsidiary Scoot Air is flying direct from Singapore to Manado and transit via Singapore is now available again for international travelers to Indonesia!

View attachment 685279 View attachment 685280
So, Greg, any taker for this “better” quarantine location?

BTW, thank you for getting 5 of us to Palau, where the quarantine includes being able to dive, for this coming December.

Really! LOL.
Tourism contribute 6.1% of the country annual GDP in 2019.
Your contribution is negligent.

Take it down a notch, Centrals.

If I recall correctly, Dan is Indonesian.

Reactions: Dan
Take it down a notch, Centrals.

If I recall correctly, Dan is Indonesian.

Well, if that’s the case, it’ll be their loss. I’ll go diving elsewhere then, like I have done 8 times in the last 11 months. No biggy.
"Their loss" "go diving elsewhere"
Very patriotic! Wouldn't you say so?

"Their loss" "go diving elsewhere"
Very patriotic! Wouldn't you say so?
Thanks for your attention. You replied to my same post twice. Anything else you have missed to mention? Where are those multiple exclamation marks?

At least I walk the talk and help to keep other diving companies staying afloat.

Actions worth much more than words. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. If Indonesia diving business wants to get back to pre-pandemic diving business, then it better acts accordingly. After all the Covid vaccines & natural immunity have seemed to put the Delta variant there under control.

DAACE7A2-1C2C-41F5-97C6-4C33E3EA5743.jpeg

What have you done, other than complaining & making snarky remarks to people that you are disagree with?

Go diving somewhere and be patriotic for diving business in peril. I bet it’ll calm you down from being angry and snarky all the time. I’ve done my part in helping the diving business by going on 7 diving trips in wherever they are open (Mexico, Belize, Maldives Colombia) and at least 2 more trips (Bahamas & Palau) by the end of this year.

The Covid protocols seem to be working for me. I got Covid tested twice per trip and the results were always negative (knock on wood).

Cheers!

I have been contacting some liveaboards and land resorts for the period of Sept to Dec, 2022. Many resorts are booking fast and Misool is fully booked. I guess the travellers are betting the borders will open up soon? I am dying to get back to Indonesia!!

I do not what the situation is at Misool. But in general there must be a reservoir of postponed reservations by people who already partly or fully paid in advance. I guess that many resorts adjusted their reservation policy. Maybe only ask for a small refundable deposit now. This could have the result that some of the reservations could be canceled any moment. Finally, there could be resorts or live aboards who prwfer to keep some spots open for people who did not pay yet. And thus the ones who already made a down-payment before Covid could get an answer: sorry fully booked until xxxx.

Chiming in late here : We successfully visited Indonesia / Lembeh back in November 2020 on the 211A visa. Could not have been easier. We were the only guests in Lembeh for that week (which is both good and bad).

Currently looking at Raja Ampat liveaboards for early 2022 and many are quite booked BUT most come with the note that is more or less "this cruise may not happen if guests can not make it to Indonesia". I was surprised that the boats were not pushing 211A visas as a backup measure if Indonesia does not open up to more countries.

(vaccinated) Guests would still have to quarantine for three days / two nights in Jakarta on the visa, but that doesnt seem TOO bad? I would imagine that most would be okay with a three day stay in order to dive sooner vs later?

Apparently I am confused as to what a 211A is intended for.

Did you have an invite letter?

From reading that lot there's way too much hassle involved, not least the quarantine requirements.

Very strange way to "attract" tourists. Fortunately for tourists there's plenty of other locations around the world that would appreciate their custom.

Apparently I am confused as to what a 211A is intended for.

You send a scan or photo of your passport and $300 to the visa agency. 5 days later you receive the visa which is good for 90 days from the date it was issued. Can be renewed multiple times. No letter needed.

Upon arrival you just hand over the visa and that's about it (along with PCR test etc). There is not questioning or any sort of interview. Took us about 15 minutes to get to our luggage once we landed in Jakarta.

Then a 2 night quarantine stay at the hotel / room of your choosing. After that you are free to travel the country.

As for what it's for ....Right now that visa is for $$$ 😂

Back
Top Bottom