Oceanic Pro Plus 3 stuck at altitude

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BackShatter LLC

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a new Oceanic Pro Plus 3 air integrated console computer that was set up in Denver, Colorado.

I am now in Curacao and will be for a few months.

When I go to the screen that shows Altitude, it shows EL2 instead of blank which indicates it is at Sea Level.

It there any way to force this computer to reset and give Sea Level NDL times?

I had this happen to me a few years ago with an Aeris computer. It was turned on in flight. I was able to remove the battery for a minute and it reset. Worth a try.

Make sure the computer is off and dry, and there is no Conservation Factor applied.
Activate it manually; it should go into a diagnostic mode and measure the air pressure.

Make sure the computer is off and dry, and there is no Conservation Factor applied.
Activate it manually; it should go into a diagnostic mode and measure the air pressure.
Unfortunately it still shows EL2 when I activate it manually. No Conservation Factor is set.

try the battery removal

I had two Pro Plus 2s that were activated during a plane flight and the computers were alarming for an excessive duration underwater once we were at sea level. Removal and replacement of the batteries reset the computers to sea level. I'm not sure if the computers would have turned off and reset normally, as they thought they were on a very, very, long, shallow dive.

The battery removal didn't work. Still shows EL2. Hard to tell how much it's affecting the NDLs, only alarmed once, been doing mostly shallow shore dives.

Assuming you are diving DSAT, the dive times are pretty significant between sea level an EL2. This is the table for air
1636583063687.png

To me, this is unacceptable. What did Oceanic service have to say about it? Maybe your pressure sensor is bad. If the battery removal did not work, I don't have other advice.

Still a new diver in 2014, I purchased my first dive computer which was an Oceanic Pro Plus 3. My first trip was Cozumel with 5-days of diving with 2 morning dives each day. After diving the first 2 dives on the first day, I took an afternoon nap. During my nap, my PP3 turned on, thought it was doing a dive at altitude... after max dive time (something like 8-10 hours) it "ended the dive" and turned off. Dive history was still there but apparently it reset my nitrogen load. I received a loaner computer for the rest of the week and used my PP3 as a backup (no further issues with the PP3).

Took it back to my local dive shop who called his Oceanic distributor. Short version is I received a replacement that has worked without issue since with over 300 dives. My guess would be a faulty pressure sensor with my first PP3.

Your PP3 has shown itself to not be working 100% correctly. Personally, I wouldn't want to be trusting my life with it... at minimum I'd want a backup.

Cheers,

Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom