Is Aeris brand obsolete?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

that would be the same I have (ION AT600) - they were a smoking deal online when I got them. I think I paid $160 shipped for the balanced Environment seal, flex hose like 4 years ago, and about the same for
non-env few year before that. It was cheaper to get NOS than service some used old beat up scubapro regulator at the time that were practically given to me. They are very small and light which is great for travel, but yeah you can't get kits for AT600 or ION second stage (although a service center in Monterey said they could still get most first stage pieces replaced a few year ago. Figure I would junk them and replace when time comes... haven't had to service them after ~150 dives each, but both needed new main top o-ring after about 2 years, which I'll pro-actively change now.

And I would not call these low end! first stage is balanced diaphram with environment seal, second has bit adjustable ventury and breathing tension! See how much you'll spend on those feature now!

Here is what he has.
He said he had them serviced a couple years ago and sent them off to Oceanic and they did them.
View attachment 674043

here we the spec on AT600
"The ION feels light in the mouth due to its small size and ABS/Polycarbonate composite construction, plus it's a great breather, as evidenced by perfect scores on the ANSTI breathing machine."
-- Scuba Diving Magazine's 2008 Scuba Lab Review

if your buddy was free flowing, then the second stage was not adjusted correctly. Easy to do with external breathing resistance and venturi knob underwater !

So, I have my buddies Aeris regs and I’m going check them out and see what kind of shape they’re in. I’m not a fan already of the second stages, pretty cheesy looking. Now he tells me that he has two full backup sets of Genesis regs.
Genesis regs are Sherwood correct?
How is the quality and service kit availability of these regs?
Depends on which Sherwood/Genesis. I'm not a huge fan but parts are available for many of them.

here we the spec on AT600
"The ION feels light in the mouth due to its small size and ABS/Polycarbonate composite construction, plus it's a great breather, as evidenced by perfect scores on the ANSTI breathing machine."
-- Scuba Diving Magazine's 2008 Scuba Lab Review

if your buddy was free flowing, then the second stage was not adjusted correctly. Easy to do with external breathing resistance and venturi knob underwater !
The first stage seat has a crack or micro line in it that I saw and the IP creeps pretty badly. That is the reason for the freeflow.

John at Northeast Scuba has kits and will service them. Drop them in the mail.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom