ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2022 Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tomorrow at 9 am EST, you can join the ScubaBoard Invasion 2022 Crew
by calling Bay Adventures 1-888-599-3483!

Members should have the following information ready

Name
Phone#
Email
# of rooms needed
# of divers
# non-divers

After the surge of calls is over, Bay Adventure will contact members to complete sign-up and deposit payment.

PLEASE BE PATIENT
We know that it will be busy. Once you get through to give Bay Adventures the information above,
YOU HAVE YOUR SPOTS CONFIRMED. It will just take a bit of time for Bay Adventures to go back through everyone to get deposits and additional info.

Let us know if you have any further questions, we're happy to help.
GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!
The initial announcement said to ask for Al or Felix. Do we still need to ask for one of them, or will everyone answering the phone be taking reservations for tomorrow, at least?

As to rooms for extra days - I assume those can be added via the callback? I took a quick look at air fares (Yikes!!) and the only reasonable fares seem to be mid-week. We may just add days onto both ends. I'd rather pay to hang out in paradise, pay a higher fee to sit in a cramped airplane just to arrive/leave with everyone else - and since I will be retired by then, my time is my own!

The initial announcement said to ask for Al or Felix. Do we still need to ask for one of them, or will everyone answering the phone be taking reservations for tomorrow, at least?

As to rooms for extra days - I assume those can be added via the callback? I took a quick look at air fares (Yikes!!) and the only reasonable fares seem to be mid-week. We may just add days onto both ends. I'd rather pay to hang out in paradise, pay a higher fee to sit in a cramped airplane just to arrive/leave with everyone else - and since I will be retired by then, my time is my own!
I'm having good luck with sun-sun right now. Southwest just lowered their fares big time for CZM. Best dates are in January, but I expect the spring prices to drop as we move closer.

Only Al and Felix will be answering the phones. They are both pleasant and efficient!
Any of the other details ie., nitrox, extra nights, beds, etc. will be handled on the callback. Bay Adventures is also excellent with figuring out airfare if you need help.

I'm having good luck with sun-sun right now. Southwest just lowered their fares big time for CZM. Best dates are in January, but I expect the spring prices to drop as we move closer.
For some reason the Southwest app is not behaving properly (no flights at all to CZM from anywhere near me on any day). It may be because all of the fights to Cozumel are earlier in the day - so I have to separately book a flight the prior day, (Southwest would be preferred, since we have one pre-COVID ticket to use.)

For some reason the Southwest app is not behaving properly (no flights at all to CZM from anywhere near me on any day). It may be because all of the fights to Cozumel are earlier in the day - so I have to separately book a flight the prior day, (Southwest would be preferred, since we have one pre-COVID ticket to use.)
Sometimes it does that. Always use an incognito window or private browser and run the dates on the low fare calendar. If you are open to other airlines, pull up google flights in a private window. I've been flying to CZM pretty consistently for 200 RT economy (AA and United) and 500 RT in business class (AA). Southwest has been sitting around 250-300 RT. Putting together separate one way flights is often times cheaper than letting the airline calculate RT. Google flights will do that for you.

It's a bit more work, but I've saved close to 15k in airfare since 2020.

Seth

I've been flying to CZM pretty consistently for 200 RT economy (AA and United) and 500 RT in business class (AA). Southwest has been sitting around 250-300 RT.

Seth
Must be a lot closer than me as Im looking at near $450 economy for a trip next month. My last trip was about $400..

Must be a lot closer than me as Im looking at near $450 economy for a trip next month. My last trip was about $400..
Colorado. December is expensive, that's why we pushed our nearest trip to January. After Southwest's recent debacle, the January prices fell about 200/ticket. March is still showing pretty high, but I expect it will take a drop in another month or so. Check and see what it would cost to fly out of a different city. Sometimes it's worth paying 50/ticket to fly from say Nebraska if you can get Nebraska to CZM for 180/ticket- if that makes sense?

Seth

Question; when do activities normally start?
I generally only fly Delta (miles and upgrade possibilities); but they are not flying to COZ currently - so I'm looking at flying into Cancun and getting transport down to the ferry. Given where I'm coming from, if I opt for a Sat fly day, I would not get to the hotel until really (after 10pm) late. So, debating on leaving on Friday.
I take it diving is Sun - Thur.

Question; when do activities normally start?
I generally only fly Delta (miles and upgrade possibilities); but they are not flying to COZ currently - so I'm looking at flying into Cancun and getting transport down to the ferry. Given where I'm coming from, if I opt for a Sat fly day, I would not get to the hotel until really (after 10pm) late. So, debating on leaving on Friday.
I take it diving is Sun - Thur.
I believe we set up for the welcome party to start at 7:30, running 1 1/2 to 2 hrs. I'll double-check the records when I have a sec. If you arrived at 10, then yes you would miss the party. Diving will start on Sunday morning.

------------------------------------------
Posting the info for tomorrow
Tomorrow at 9 am EST, you can join the ScubaBoard Invasion 2022 Crew
by calling Bay Adventures 1-888-599-3483!

Members should have the following information ready

Name
Phone#
Email
# of rooms needed
# of divers
# non-divers

After the surge of calls is over, Bay Adventure will contact members to complete sign-up and deposit payment.

PLEASE BE PATIENT
We know that it will be busy. Once you get through to give Bay Adventures the information above,
YOU HAVE YOUR SPOTS CONFIRMED. It will just take a bit of time for Bay Adventures to go back through everyone to get deposits and additional info.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom