Great video on things that are wrong with "standard"dive configurations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

formernuke

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I love this video but let's see what the SB community thinks.

That would have been a lot better if they had Dorf or Earnest P Worrell demonstrating.

Any day now I expect some DIR folks to show up at my door asking me if I believe in Lord Long Hose, if I accept the gospel of primary donate, and wondering if I might be interested in some literature they have…

I have my gauges on a retractor (came with the the used console). Seven years later, I have replaced the console (twice), the retractor still works great.

I have had my compass retractor for over 10 years (perhaps more like 15 years).

I have my gauges on a retractor (came with the the used console). Seven years later, I have replaced the console (twice), the retractor still works great.
I did as well when I was using a standard console. Still works, and I still have it around somewhere, I just don’t use it anymore since I switched to a wrist mount DC with AI.

I find it hard to get behind anything that advocates one configuration without consideration of the type of dives. Deep, cave, and shallow rec dives all have different needs, so different configurations may be appropriate.

The vast majority of my dives are open water, non-overhead, so some of the tech practices would be overkill. I do agree with primary donate, but I’ve learned both ways. The reasons against secondary donate in the video were just ludicrous.

The only gear configuration that is wrong is one that doesn’t work. Apart from that, dive how you want. As long as you and your buddy know how it works, then it should be fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom