Travel to Indonesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I live in Bitung at North Sulawesi. I do not have any reason to mistrust the official numbers here, which are almost zero for this city of 220.000 people. Apart from the fact that the numbers of test is far too low. But I also cannot see any reason why the numbers will not explode again before the end of January.
Apologies if this was recently answered already. In Bitung, which does indeed sound high risk for a 'wave' of cases from the numbers you provided, how is vaccine availability right now? How is eligible, and if someone eligible wants one, how practical is it to go get?

Apologies if this was recently answered already. In Bitung, which does indeed sound high risk for a 'wave' of cases from the numbers you provided, how is vaccine availability right now? How is eligible, and if someone eligible wants one, how practical is it to go get?
Excluding healthcare workers 25% of the population above 18 years old vaccinated with 2 shots Sinovac or, less people, AstraZeneca. https://vaksin.kemkes.go.id/#/provinces In Singapore Sinovac is now considered being full vaccinated with three shots. I think the whole of Indonesia is still at risk. Michael Osterholm said many times correctly: if this pandemic teaches us one thing, it is humility. l
Looking At the Netherlands and Russia (just two examples) I have no idea why there will not be a new wave of cases. At the moment two different numbers for Bitung. Province says around 30, city says 1 or 2. This will make the people who are hesitant about getting the shots not more enthusiastic. Many think this pandemic is over. Same as Biden at the 4th of July. Often no stock in vaccines as well. Testing, as said, very limited. Schools started again, but 50% occupation. Which mean how a crowded class looks in most other countries.

I had made no comment on Thailand's cases!
If you do not believe it, this is internet after all, check it yourself!
It is from JHU.
14 Oct to 27 Oct the daily infection in Thailand:
11276, 10486, 10648, 10863, 10111, 9122, 8918, 9727, 9810, 9742, 9351, 8675, 7706, 8452 =get your calculator out or just add it up without one.
Last Friday, your text: Thailand has about 30,000 cases at the beginning of Apr and 6 months later the number has surged to 1.88m!!! And nearly 135,000 over last 2 wks.

Last Friday, your text: Thailand has about 30,000 cases at the beginning of Apr and 6 months later the number has surged to 1.88m!!! And nearly 135,000 over last 2 wks.
If in doubt check the figure yourself. It is the proper way is'nt it?
Back in Mar Thailand was doing very well but the celebration of the New Year in Arp brought havoc to the Kingdom.

I contacted Misool to see about availability between Sept and Dec 2022. They are fully booked!!

I'm in Padang Bai, Bali. Had 2 lovely diving yesterday. Then 3 dives today, 2 dives tomorrow before we move to Tulamben
Apart from very quiet here, we are very comfortable.
We were in Lombok for trekking Rinjani (3rd tallest mountain in Indonesia) and 2 days diving at Gili air before crossing Lombok strait to Bali with fast boat.
All the people we talked (guide, owner, hotel staff, restaurant/food stalls, drivers) are fully vaccinated. The hotel asked us to show evidence that we are fully vaccinated too
Puri Rai hotel (our fav hotel in this area) still closed. We stay at Dewi Villa at hill side. This hotel owned by diver who also live there.
Grilled fish ibu Jero (a must in p. Bai) open during the day only.

Not all people wearing mask, in fact few in Lombok. Bali is better.
we wear mask all the time during diving :cool:

Garuda Air - which is many folks INDO travelers preferred carrier - will it be around when the country re-opens?

RA - you have to get to Sorong, most folks gateway is CGK

Garuda Air - which is many folks INDO travelers preferred carrier - will it be around when the country re-opens?

RA - you have to get to Sorong, most folks gateway is CGK

The answer to your question might be in the same article: the most practical way is to scrap unprofitable flights and refocus on lucrative routes, Kartiko said. The airline will fly 140 routes next year, in comparison to 237 routes in 2019.

GA will be around same as CX and SQ.

Look at bright side of life.

My wife and I are heading to Papua Explorers the end of Feb we are seeing travel advisories saying terrorism kidnappings etc in Indonesia And Papua
Has anyone been there recently we are getting concerned if we should take the risk Is it dangerous or should we give up the dream

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom