Feature Request: Minimum dive time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Whitrzac

Contributor
Reaction score
I've ended up with a few 10-15ft 0-1min dives being logged. I have the end dive timer set at 300s.
Is it possible to add a minimum dive time option?
IE, it won't log the dive if it's under 2-3min

Not a fan of the compass in rec mode ether. There's no way to have the compass active and view pressure/gtr/etc.

Is there a stopwatch/time with seconds counter on the perdix anywhere?

I am bumping this thread as I have the same request/issue that the OP has. When doing S-Drills we descend 5-10 feet for a minute or two and the Shearwater computers log this as a dive.

One has to go through the Dive Log on the computer and manually delete these 1-2 minute dives at 10 feet. Some are zero minute dives.

Is there a workaround?

I see this with a each of the four Shearwater computers I have. Predator, Petrel 1 & 2 and the Perdix AI.

Attachments

• log.jpg
    log.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 31
For short dives like that I just delete them and edit the real dive number.

For short dives like that I just delete them and edit the real dive number.
Me too. I'd rather not have to do it that way.

I am bumping this thread as I have the same request/issue that the OP has. When doing S-Drills we descend 5-10 feet for a minute or two and the Shearwater computers log this as a dive.

One has to go through the Dive Log on the computer and manually delete these 1-2 minute dives at 10 feet. Some are zero minute dives.

Is there a workaround?

I see this with a each of the four Shearwater computers I have. Predator, Petrel 1 & 2 and the Perdix AI.
Do you have your end dive delay maxed out? you can set it for 999 seconds. I can usually do an entire training day and only have two or three dives counted.

If you don't want to log those pool dives why even wear your computer?

If you don't want to log those pool dives why even wear your computer?
These are not pool dives. They are cave dives and we conduct the S-Drills as we get in the water only moments before we start the actual dive.

Do you have your end dive delay maxed out? you can set it for 999 seconds. I can usually do an entire training day and only have two or three dives counted.
I did not think of this as an option. I will do it now.....:nyah:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom