ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2022 Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You are requiring proof of vaccination when the hotel, Dive op, all of Quintana Roo, and the entire country of Mexico don’t require it or any testing whatsoever?

Curious as to how you plan on enforcing this? I gone done got poked already…but this seems more than a little funny.
Once a member has signed up with Bay Adventures, we will be verifying proof of vaccination and dive insurance. If you feel this requirement isn't for you, then we understand.

Once a member has signed up with Bay Adventures, we will be verifying proof of vaccination and dive insurance. If you feel this requirement isn't for you, then we understand.

So if someone doesn’t want to comply, then they just book direct through Wyndham/dive paradise for the same dates?

So if someone doesn’t want to comply, then they just book direct through Wyndham/dive paradise for the same dates?
Yes, you can book the resort, but all the boats are reserved for the SB Invasion Crew. SB Invasion events, private parties, and excursions are also for the SB Crew. If you feel this requirement isn't for you, then we understand.

Yes, you can book the resort, but all the boats are reserved for the SB Invasion Crew. SB Invasion events, private parties, and excursions are also for the SB Crew. If you feel this requirement isn't for you, then we understand.

Just trying to make sure I understand things. When I spoke with dive paradise yesterday (scheduling my own trip) they said you were forecasted for as many as 100 divers. They did not list your dates as blackout dates and the hotel does not list any bar/restaurant closures. I didn’t even know about this event until I booked my trip yesterday.

Even if you have 100 divers their fleet easily accommodates over 150 divers (using low capacity estimates). Are you saying you have privately chartered the entire fleet? If that’s the case I guess I need to call back about my confirmed reservation.

Seth

Just trying to make sure I understand things. When I spoke with dive paradise yesterday (scheduling my own trip) they said you were forecasted for as many as 100 divers. They did not list your dates as blackout dates and the hotel does not list any bar/restaurant closures. I didn’t even know about this event until I booked my trip yesterday.

Even if you have 100 divers their fleet easily accommodates over 150 divers (using low capacity estimates). Are you saying you have privately chartered the entire fleet? If that’s the case I guess I need to call back about my confirmed reservation.

Seth
Dive Paradise may decide to bring in additional boats to accommodate other guests. The boats we will be using are for SB Invasion Crew only. Again, you can book the resort, eat in the restaurants and drink in the bars. The SB Invasion events, private parties, and excursions are only for the SB Crew.
Also curious why you would pay more when we offer an exclusive SB discounted deal?

Dive Paradise may decide to bring in additional boats to accommodate other guests. The boats we will be using are for SB Invasion Crew only. Again, you can book the resort, eat in the restaurants and drink in the bars. The SB Invasion events, private parties, and excursions are only for the SB Crew.
Also curious why you would pay more when we offer an exclusive SB discounted deal?

As I said, I didn’t know about this event until I was on the phone with the dive op yesterday. Your prices are only 100 bucks cheaper than what I booked. I’ll happily pay that not to deal with your imposed vaccine requirement. I’ve traveled all over South America, Central America, and the Caribbean during this pandemic and I’ve never run into a tour operator imposing different covid rules that don’t fall in line with country’s own government regulations. I’m curious as to why you felt this was necessary?

As I said, I didn’t know about this event until I was on the phone with the dive op yesterday. Your prices are only 100 bucks cheaper than what I booked. I’ll happily pay that not to deal with your imposed vaccine requirement. I’ve traveled all over South America, Central America, and the Caribbean during this pandemic and I’ve never run into a tour operator imposing different covid rules that don’t fall in line with country’s own government regulations. I’m curious as to why you felt this was necessary?
If you feel this requirement isn't for you, then we understand. Enjoy your trip!

For those of you who are interested in attending the event, I thought I would clarify a few things. ScubaBoard is not a dive operator or tour operator. We have a travel agent who handles the booking for us. We are the World's Largest Diving Forum that loves to encourage the sport of diving. We have found out long ago, the social aspect of diving is very important to a diver's success in continuing to dive.

Fast forward to today, The SB Invasion is a popular yearly Event that celebrates the love of diving social and SB's Birthday! We offer a chance for new to experienced divers, their friends, and family members an experience to get together in a friendly, unstressful atmosphere.

We offer a deal that is less expensive than you can get anywhere else. If there are excursions, those are also discounted, as they are for this trip. There are 2 private parties with the chance to win prizes from manufactures and sometimes trips. Each SB crew member also receives an event T-Shirt.

Please read the ScubaBoard Invasion 2022 Cozumel Package Deal and the requirements, carefully. FYI, The dive op (Dive Paradise) and SB will also have a waiver to sign which is standard practice. Cardzard and I (we are the event coordinators) are here to answer any questions you may have and you can also call Bay Aventures. If the event sounds like a good fit for you, we would love to have you join us for the Diving Social Event of the Year for 2022!

Back
Top Bottom