DIR- GUE GUE Cave 2 - ready?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yup, Nohoch does go forever at 15' but you can get some killer long dives in the shallower Florida caves. Take a stage in Peacock and with some re-calcs you've just dived through most of the day. Plus, there's something awesome about Ginnie of turning when you get tired and going for the fun, easy ride out.

My point being that there are pluses and minuses to each location, but I've never had people complain about not enough bottom time in FL in Cave 2 class or diving at Cave 2 level.

Sorry Mer, having been diving in both FL and Mx, there is no way BT is equivalent.

I've done 100 min in Otoch Ha on a single alum 80 stage (didn't bury the stage) and never touched my back gas, no deco, swimming the whole time. You aint going to do that in Florida, anywhere.....expect Blue Grotto.

Average depth in Nohoch is 15', you know how long a singe 80 stage will last you in 15' of water? You'll get tired before you hit your turn pressure. Verses diving Ginnie?
Tired? In No Hoch? You need better fitness if you're tired before killing the stage :D
@girlwithbigtanks and I did just a hair under 4 hours of swimming there last month - on CCR. 60mins swim downstream, then swam 55mins upstream.

My point being that there are pluses and minuses to each location, but I've never had people complain about not enough bottom time in FL in Cave 2 class or diving at Cave 2 level.
At least on my C2 in MX we were at Ginnie-like depths on many of the dives anyway. Surveying Chamber of the Ancients in Carwash, the deep salt tunnels of Tortuga, and Mayan Blue are all in the 70-90ft range. Al80 doubles and a stage go rather quickly in those circumstances.

Tired? In No Hoch? You need better fitness if you're tired before killing the stage :D
@girlwithbigtanks and I did just a hair under 4 hours of swimming there last month - on CCR. 60mins swim downstream, then swam 55mins upstream.
Technically we did No Hoch on back gas, I was just making a point. But my No Hoch dive was the last one of a week long cave trip, I was shot before I even got into the cave! Maybe it was not being able to keep any food in me for the last 3 days may have had something to do with it.......the down side to Mx diving. :)

Technically we did No Hoch on back gas, I was just making a point. But my No Hoch dive was the last one of a week long cave trip, I was shot before I even got into the cave! Maybe it was not being able to keep any food in me for the last 3 days may have had something to do with it.......the down side to Mx diving. :)
Lol. I’m the buddy. Last dive day of trip. Day 3 code brown for me, all we had was cookies and granola bars left to eat for breakfast…I got a good eyeroll for the thumb… all I could see was rolling hills of black sand getting shallower. Nope, I’m done! Tequila time when this one hour swim is done!

Lol. I’m the buddy. Last dive day of trip. Day 3 code brown for me, all we had was cookies and granola bars left to eat for breakfast…I got a good eyeroll for the thumb… all I could see was rolling hills of black sand getting shallower. Nope, I’m done! Tequila time when this one hour swim is done!
Softie

I had a lunch break between the dives but I did the same thing, god my leg was tried.

I do have to ask, what stops someone from getting the bottom time in Florida. I use tiny LP85s during training for the stage dives I was getting 90 minutes in Ginnie, and went to 165 minutes in Peacock. On the non-stage dives we had from 70 minutes to 128 minutes in Ginnie, Peacock, and Madison. With a total bottom time over 13 hours.

Now the variety in Mexico would be nice, but TBH I don't quite get to appreciate the cave during training dives.

what is the GUE deco limit for cave 2 post certification for someone that doesn’t also have a tech cert? I know that if a diver is T1 or T2 it defaults to that, but it isn’t clear how much deco (if any) someone can do if they did only have cave certs.

Didn’t realize how old this thread was

Any updates on the process, @ginti? Did you take C2, and if so did you write a class report? Would be interesting to hear how you prepared, and how you experienced the class.

I have to say I really enjoyed reading this thread. All around great advice and insightful comments!

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom