Port Closed!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flyboy08

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
That's how our day began.. we got in two later in the day dives, but it was rough...not deadly rough, but rock,n and Rollin....I was surprised the closure was actually lifted.

Saw the two most enormous loggerheads I've ever seen.....Hugh! Water was warm to boot.

Yes, right on schedule which is why I didn't come down last Sunday and pushed it till today. Another front looks like it is coming down next weekend but the winds do not look as high and hopefully the port will stay open.
There is a new port captain who seems to be trying to work with the operators and warned everyone several days in advance that there 'might' be a closure beginning Friday and he (?) lifted it when the winds slacked off as opposed to waiting for the direction to shift fully past north. Hopefully this policy will continue going forward so that closures are kept to a minimum.

6 sharks..3 nurse, 3 blacktip..toad fish, rock fish, octopus, 5 loggerheads...not too shabby of a day today.

Off to El Moro's for dindin...life is goo.

Is there is a list showing port-closures by month? I think that @Christi did something. Can’t find it.

Saw 9 Caribbean reef sharks at Bricks today. That’s 15 sharks in two days. And a few more loggerheads chewing away at the reefs.

El Moro didn’t disappoint!

We were at Bricks also today. I was only able to count seven of the sharks but they were at about 140 ft and circling fast so I probably missed at least two. That was an excellent dive.

Is there is a list showing port-closures by month? I think that @Christi did something. Can’t find it.
I can't find it either - it used to be a sticky at the top. It probably got removed since "god" Dillehey always had such a problem with it - and I no longer own my shop or live there.

I may still have it on my computer - I will look for it.

I found it - but it's only until 2018 - honestly, I don't remember if we ever did an updated one - I thought we did, but this is the one I found

1635823595896.png

Attachments

• 1635823485359.png
    1635823485359.png
    23.1 KB · Views: 33

Back
Top Bottom