Expanding ScubaBoard to social media

Which social media channels do you actively use (diving related) ?

• Facebook

Votes: 74 47.4%
  • Instagram

Votes: 40 25.6%
  • TikTok

Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Twitter

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • Pinterest

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Youtube

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • ScubaBoard only!

Votes: 59 37.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am amused at your spelling of Facebook and I like it!:rofl3: Is this a purposeful misspelling to subversively refer to them as feces?
You mean faeces?

As in they spy on everyone; make money out of all "users"; create mayhem in the world; give very little back; the data's proprietary and unsearchable; rarely is it useful except in the moment; deny any responsibility for the content; destroy communities; ignore privacy as they mine your information...

Some of us aren't fans of their behaviour and don't partake.

BTW there's only two groups of people who describe their customers as "users". The other one is drugs pushers.

@drrich2 the way to do that would be to use flair on Reddit, but I agree with you: the current forum is anyway vastly superior for this purpose than Reddit.

IMHO Reddit is better suited to have opinions and reaction to news but not for long and meaningful conversations.

The old ephemeral vs persistent issue. ScubaBoard is a persistent resource that anyone can simply research. A beneficial resource for the diving community. A valuable learning tool with advice too.

Soshal me-me-medja is all about the moment, it’s ephemeral, once gone, that’s it. Another gurning selfie that nobody cares for.

The old ephemeral vs persistent issue. ScubaBoard is a persistent resource that anyone can simply research. A beneficial resource for the diving community. A valuable learning tool with advice too.

Soshal me-me-medja is all about the moment, it’s ephemeral, once gone, that’s it. Another gurning selfie that nobody cares for.
Agreed. SB is an archive or library as well as a forum for current discussion. The answers to many questions asked today can be found in posts a dozen or more years old. Scuba evolves very slowly, which is one reason it appeals to me.

BTW there's only two groups of people who describe their customers as "users". The other one is drugs pushers.

Three, but in my group we tend to prefix 'em with lowercase L: Luser - Wikipedia

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom