Trip Report Cozumel diving and photos week of 24 Oct

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did you use a special light or was that shallow enough for natural light or was it a camera flash?

Did you use a special light or was that shallow enough for natural light or was it a camera flash?
I use two Sea and Sea strobes.

Seen any eagle rays?
We saw one only in our 7 days 16-22. It was large and cruising just off the wall

Attachments

• IMG_2233.JPG
    IMG_2233.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 77
We had just 2 encounters in 19 dives last December, a group of 2 and a group of 3.

Wind from the West/NW which is unusual but the port is open with caution and we will be diving this afternoon. The "with caution" is a bit unusual so we will not be going to far out (south or north). The winds look to be changing direction quite a bit in the next few days (Sunday and Monday mornings).

Last two days of diving photos this week.

The wind out of the West made the surface have alot of chop. Our SI Saturday was on the boat floating and we ended up rocking and rolling a bit. The wind shifted back to the North on Sunday and the water was a bit more calm.
Our friends this trip had their AA flight cancelled to Dallas so they are still here in Cozumel.
Sunday night we all went to dinner at La Cocay. The filet and cheesecake was good.

The last two days is where I got the pipehorse, pipefish and nudibranch.
There seem to be alot more Goldentail Moray Eels. Many Nurse sharks on the shallower reefs and quite alot of small blacktip reef sharks on sourthern sites especially Palancar and the reef sharks were all deep.
I dove with Bottom Time Divers.

Dive sites for the week were Palancar Caves and Gardens, Cedral Wall 2x, Columbia, Dalila, Cedral Pass, Yucab 2x and Tormentos.

I have Canadian friends coming mid November for two weeks so we will be diving quite a bit more.

Balloonfish
Coz Oct 2021 Balloonfish 001c.jpg

Barracuda
Coz Oct 2021 Barracuda 001c.jpg

Belted Cardinalfish
Coz Oct 2021 Belted Cardinal Fish 001c.jpg

Brown Spotted Moray Eel
Coz Oct 2021 Brown Spotted Moray Eel 001c.jpg

Flamingo Tongues
Coz Oct 2021 Flamingo Tongue 004c.jpg

Lettuce Sea Slug
Coz Oct 2021 Lettuce Sea Slug 001c.jpg

Nudibranch - Purple Ring Aeolid
Coz Oct 2021 Nudibranch Purple Ring Aeolid 002c.jpg

Two Nurse Sharks
Coz Oct 2021 Nurse Shark 001c.jpg

Octopus
Coz Oct 2021 Octopus 001c.jpg

Goldentail Moray Eel
Coz Oct 2021 Goldentail Moray Eel 004c.jpg

More

Pipehorse
Coz Oct 2021 Pipehorse 004c.jpg

Scorpionfish
Coz Oct 2021 Scorpionfish 002c.jpg

Pipefish. I think this is a Shortfin but it has no markings.
Coz Oct 2021 Shortfin Pipefish no markings 001c.jpg

Splendid Toadfish
Coz Oct 2021 Splendid Toadfish 007c.jpg

White Speckled Hermit Crab
Coz Oct 2021 White Speckled Hermit Crab 001c.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom