Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes. I don't get many photos of myself underwater. If the occasion arises that I'm in with another photographer and they decide to take some photos with me in them, I want them to turn out as good as possible. So, I had my suit made with no reflective stripes for that reason.
Weird

If the occasion arises that I'm in with another photographer and they decide to take some photos with me in them, I want them to turn out as good as possible. So, I had my suit made with no reflective stripes for that reason.

I have only few pictures of me underwater, probably less than 10 in all of these decades of u/w photo.

You are going to make the suit and the photograph look good just because it is you :p

in your seaskin how is having reflective tape or bands during flash photography?
do you think it makes issue on pics result?
It would only be a problem if the photographer is running a decent flash while taking photos.

I too am trying to decide whether to keep the reflective bands or remove for my order, but I’m deciding mostly for the looks of the suit!

It would only be a problem if the photographer is running a decent flash while taking photos.

I too am trying to decide whether to keep the reflective bands or remove for my order, but I’m deciding mostly for the looks of the suit!

I think the suit looks nicer with the reflective stripes. You can look back at the first post in this thread to see my suit without the stripes. I don't regret getting mine with no stripes, but just for looks I think it would look cooler with the stripes.

thank you guys..:drunks:
IF I get I will get without stripes..
little by little I'm getting a solid view of what I'm looking for.

now the last thing...I hope is: what undergarment to use. but maybe this is not the right 3d.
:wink:

thank you guys..:drunks:
IF I get I will get without stripes..
little by little I'm getting a solid view of what I'm looking for.

now the last thing...I hope is: what undergarment to use. but maybe this is not the right 3d.
:wink:

The Seaskin 150 undergarment is an excellent value for the money. Especially being made to measure.

It feels "puffy" when you gear up, before you get in the water. But, once you get in and the water squeezes the air out of the suit, the 150 does not take any extra amount of lead compared to other equally warm undergarments.

I have the Seask 150 and 250. I wore the 250 when diving in Lake Erie, at 43 - 44F temps. It was so warm that the next day I changed to the 150 and was fine. I haven't worn the 250 since.

More recently, I have switched to Waterproof MeshTec 3D shirt and leggings undergarments. I think they are not QUITE as warm as the Seaskin 150, but still very warm and maybe more comfortable to deal with when gearing up, waiting to get in, and during surface intervals. But, the Waterproof undies are quite a bit more expensive than the Seaskin stuff.

In all cases, I wear the Seaskin Tech Base layer underneath and it is excellent. A bit warm on its own, and excellent at wicking moisture away from my skin.

The Seaskin 150 undergarment is an excellent value for the money. Especially being made to measure.

It feels "puffy" when you gear up, before you get in the water. But, once you get in and the water squeezes the air out of the suit, the 150 does not take any extra amount of lead compared to other equally warm undergarments.

I have the Seask 150 and 250. I wore the 250 when diving in Lake Erie, at 43 - 44F temps. It was so warm that the next day I changed to the 150 and was fine. I haven't worn the 250 since.

More recently, I have switched to Waterproof MeshTec 3D shirt and leggings undergarments. I think they are not QUITE as warm as the Seaskin 150, but still very warm and maybe more comfortable to deal with when gearing up, waiting to get in, and during surface intervals. But, the Waterproof undies are quite a bit more expensive than the Seaskin stuff.

In all cases, I wear the Seaskin Tech Base layer underneath and it is excellent. A bit warm on its own, and excellent at wicking moisture away from my skin.
I think this topic may have been hammered to death in the 115 pages of this thread, but would you recommend the option for allowance for heavy garments?
I am in Canada diving great lakes. My guess is for majority of dives 250 will be plenty but maybe heavier garment would be helpful on some colder/ice dives. I just don't know if the extra looseness is worth the ability to wear heavier undergarment on occasion.

I think this topic may have been hammered to death in the 115 pages of this thread, but would you recommend the option for allowance for heavy garments?
I am in Canada diving great lakes. My guess is for majority of dives 250 will be plenty but maybe heavier garment would be helpful on some colder/ice dives. I just don't know if the extra looseness is worth the ability to wear heavier undergarment on occasion.

If you plan to wear anything more than just the 250, I would suggest to probably check that box to allow for extra room.

Back
Top Bottom