Silent Submersion, kaput?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

don't want replacement batteries from them.

read this thread
and/or contact @Jona Silverstein
Cool, where do you get the BMS? Battery place not making that particular unit now they say. When you say “spot weld” should I assume you mean soldering? Thx, Andy

What scooter are you trying to get a replacement battery for? Andy Pitkin designed a sweet replacement for the Valkyrie using 18650s, you can order it from Charlie at Fathom.

Cool, where do you get the BMS? Battery place not making that particular unit now they say. When you say “spot weld” should I assume you mean soldering? Thx, Andy
No soldering. Actual spot welding. A miniature version of the spot welders that they use to put your car together with, only very specific to building battery packs.

Search "battery spot welder"

The pack that I linked in my post is a drop in solution. BMS is included.

@kensuf its for n19

What scooter are you trying to get a replacement battery for? Andy Pitkin designed a sweet replacement for the Valkyrie using 18650s, you can order it from Charlie at Fathom.
Charlie doesn't make them. I make them at Explorer Technology...
EDIT. I made the 1925wh packs they are running in the Valkyrie 2.0 bodies. Did not see the new ones they have now.

SS has failed to keep up with the times over the years and keep themselves relevant in comparison to the multitude of better scooters out there now. Not a shock that their business has dwindle away.

I never knew it was their kids from the article. How sad. I did visit their farm once like 4 years ago, I think I might have met the kids. :(

Given the recent tragedy in the family, I wonder if the startup of the new company is on hold or possibly delayed? I can't imagine what they are working through in their personal lives.
The information from our website was sent to us by Suzie subsequent the family tragedy and is current and valid now.

The information from our website was sent to us by Suzie subsequent the family tragedy and is current and valid now.

Good to know!

Has anyone converted their battery from the massive OEM battery to Power Tool Batteries like the Blacktip DPV's use? I was thinking of mounting 2 of these in the nose cone. Battery technology sure has come a long way the past 10 years. I currently have a hefty paperweight.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-31 at 7.43.33 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-31 at 7.43.33 PM.png
    499.3 KB · Views: 49
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom