Personal Limits to Solo Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Night diving solo can be a wonderful experience, enhancing the pleasures of solitude that accompany all solo dives. One of the things I enjoy most about diving is that solitude, the feeling of being deep in the moment in a different world. I do almost all of my dives solo, except when I have no choice when on holiday in a tropical location. Even there, I've managed to convince one operator to allow me to solo dive just off his dock. It's only 15 to 25 feet deep, but absolutely glorious, the complete freedom. I'm at an age where I don't do decomp dives any more, but if I did I'd probably want a companion who knew what they were about.

I do solo drift night dives in Boynton Beach whenever I have the opportunity. The dives are often fantastic. There is a light or glow stick on the flag. You shine your light up at the flag when you are doing your safety stop, it is very clear who is getting ready to surface.

Back
Top Bottom