Buddy Dive Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reddiver970

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Anyone here use Buddy Dive for rebreather diving in Bonaire? I am wondering if they rent tanks, scrubber ect,, if you stay somewhere other than at the resort. I have emailed them but have not heard back yet.

They are pretty much a full-support tech shop.
They are also incredibly busy right now as their major week-long tech event starts tomorrow. Doubt you'll get an answer for a little while.

Keep in mind they're gearing up for Tech Week, so are probably a bit pre-occupied right now and may not be quick on the email. But I don't think you'll have a problem, I've rented doubles from them while staying at another place with zero issue.

Anyone here use Buddy Dive for rebreather diving in Bonaire? I am wondering if they rent tanks, scrubber ect,, if you stay somewhere other than at the resort. I have emailed them but have not heard back yet.
I use them exclusively. They can handle anything you need. They do a great job. And they'll do it whether you stay with them or somewhere else.

@kensuf You busy? Want to fly over? I think my plane can make it in one leg. :) And we can take enough bottles to not have to pay for any gas or sorb

Yes, I used Buddy Dive in 2019 and had a great experience. They have a little "tech" railroad container where they have sorb, 3L tanks, and you can get trimix and whatnot there. Since it's its own little thing, you have to speak with Mr. G and get it all setup with him. I will warn you it could take a couple emails to their customer service email before someone actually passes your info over to Mr. G. Once there you just need to take an hour or so to meet with him, fill out paperwork, and then get what you need. We ended up getting 2 sets of 3L tanks. We took one set the first day, then he had a fresh set waiting for us when we dropped off the used bottles.
Bonaire is amazing for rebreathers. We went in drysuits and rebreathers and everywhere we went we got odd looks. But we would do 3+ hour dives and would swim through 3-4 sites during that time. If we found an area we liked, we could just hang out in the area as long as we want.

@kensuf You busy? Want to fly over? I think my plane can make it in one leg. :) And we can take enough bottles to not have to pay for any gas or sorb

I'd love to, but am booked solid until December 2nd. A good problem to have... :)

I’d be happy to substitute as your buddy in Bonaire. It’s definitely my happy place.

I stayed at buddy dive and had rentals from another company, also no problem.

Back
Top Bottom