Building a rig for a 10 yo diver to be... looking for opinions.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks you guys and gals, it looks like unanimously we are on the bp/w side :) I have few steel and alu plates hopefully one will fit. I have a couple of slotted with cambands. I just need to get a single wing and weight pockets for her

Thanks you guys and gals, it looks like unanimously we are on the bp/w side :) I have few steel and alu plates hopefully one will fit. I have a couple of slotted with cambands. I just need to get a single wing and weight pockets for her

I’m betting you’re going to have to get a short plate for her.

You are correct Marie, they all are too long. We have to go for a short plate

Shrimps know! I checked on OxyCheq's website. They have short aluminum, but no steel plates. If you really want steel, you'll have to go Halcyon. $236.

EDIT: Oops, forgot you're in the Great White North. That will be more $$$

@elan

I was poking around on DGX's website earlier today and found this package. The size small harness comes with a shorter (16") soft plate. Wondering if this might be an option. $399 US.

@elan

I was poking around on DGX's website earlier today and found this package. The size small harness comes with a shorter (16") soft plate. Wondering if this might be an option. $399 US.

Thank you Marie. I was checking around and found the whole eclipse system sold here for about 750US with a local pickup plus our tax. I think shipping from US will add another $100 to DGX (plus they still charge us tax) so 500 vs 750 I might just go with Halcyon as I already have one set and really like it.

Stepfen I do not think c370 is available in Canada and then it will be an extra unnecessary expense (I have all those stages i mentioned above already). Its more about what reg I need to pull of my stages or backgas and give to her and what is left for me :)
Sorry, I thought you were looking to buy new regs.

@elan you going to replace that blue H webbing with the pink H webbing? :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom